Default Car Window Tinting/Laminating Recommendation

I just saw a dermatologist yesterday and he recommends me to have my front windshield, driver's window laminated for UV protection. I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey which the rear windows already tinted. I can't find much information on how much UV protection on those rear windows. The dealership told me that they were 20% and didn't know much on how much UV protection. I may have all windows tinting if the ones we have are not enough. I am in CA. Any recommendation or suggestion here?

Thank you.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just be aware that many states don't allow tinted windows beyond the factory-installed tint. If you are in a state that doesn't, you could be ticketed and have to send something in showing the tint has been removed. I think there is a clear window tint that can be applied that blocks many harmful UV rays so you could investigate that.

Usually front windshields have UV protection in newer cars even if not visibly tinted. And as other poster said, there are limits in California for sure on levels of tinting and more limits on any front windows. With a 2011 car, I bet you have good UV protection already and I'd really just make sure I used sunscreen every single day.

Default Car Window Tinting/Laminating Recommendation

I have my windows tinted. They are beyond the legal limit in my state but I have never had issues or been pulled over in the 10 years I have had them. I prefer the look.
    Perhaps call Honda and ask about the UV protection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My friend tinted his front windows- not even that much - and was pulled over, ticketed, and had to have it removed (had to send something in to the police to prove it was removed).

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by moonsky View Post
    I just saw a dermatologist yesterday and he recommends me to have my front windshield, driver's window laminated for UV protection. I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey which the rear windows already tinted. I can't find much information on how much UV protection on those rear windows. The dealership told me that they were 20% and didn't know much on how much UV protection. I may have all windows tinting if the ones we have are not enough. I am in CA. Any recommendation or suggestion here?

Thank you.
    Did your derm have a recommendation? That would be who I'd ask.

I used to live near the border of another state. One state you could tint back-back and rear-side. The other you could tint all side windows, but not back-back. People got tickets ALL the time if they bought a car in one state and licensed it in the other. It was a huge headache!

My coworker AND her husband both got ticketed separately within a month of moving to the midwest from Arizona. So, it def depends on where you are on how strict they are about it.