trales is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Time to buy DD2 a new seat.

Since Babies R Us is having the trade in, it is time to get DD2 a new seat. She is 20lbs and 29inches, 1year 3 weeks old, I plan to keep her rear facing till age 2.5-3. She is in her graco bucket seat in my car and the sitters car, and RFing in a Britax Boulevard. The Boulevard has about 15 months left on it before it expires. DD1 is in a Recaro Prosport as a HBB in my car and a bumble bum in DH's and friends cars, she is almost 8, 41lbs and 50inches tall. So, they can't share and I have nothing to pass down. I need a narrow seat, as I have a '13 impreza and a '14 Forester and they don't have a ton of room, when DD1 has friends over, I put them both in bumble bum's as they are the only thing that fits three across with the bucket seat.

What do you all think about the Graco Milestone, is is 17.5 inches wide, whereas the 4ever is 20 inches wide. I don't care if the become backless boosters. We do harness and HBB as long as possible, DD1 was harnessed until she maxed out at 49 inches at age 7.5. Backless boosters are cheap and easy. Is there another 3 in 1 that goes rear facing to 65, FF to 49inches and then HBB to 57inches? I technically should buy 2 seats, one for my car, one for the sitter. But I will start with 1 as she can still be in the bucket seat for 3 more inches (I figure 4-6 months before I can't handle it).
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Depends on where the width is between the 4Ever and Milestone, I think they both have the same base? That's the part that's the most annoying to have a booster next to, so the narrower, the better. Yeah, just eyeballing the sales sites, looks like the cupholders are the wide part of the 4Ever.
    (unloading groceries, brb)
    (back--I'm sure you didn't miss me, lol)... while it's not the highest-end choice, the MySize is actually really nice for the price and very narrow. And of course the Dionos are the super narrow, and for RFing, they now have the Angle Adjuster, a 10$ piece of foam that gives you like 4 more inches of front to back space by making the seat more upright. Though lately I read that 'being up on a base' makes boosters easier to buckle, which is why the MySize gets a little more attention, though maybe even the Britaxes aren't too too bad, and honestly the Click Tight might be super duper awesome for moving it side to side, depending on if other kids are riding with you, it's way easier than LATCH, even.
    Last edited by Joolsplus2; 02-19-2015 at 09:37 PM.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

trales is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

The Milestone is a much better price point since they are $70 apart and a low back booster is only $20ish bucks. I don't need to pay $70 extra for the LLB part. My next question is would Babies R us be able to order it so that I could get the 20% off, which would take it to 183. Also, the milestone has only one cup holder and the 4ever had 2. I hate cup holders, they are dirt, dog fur and crumb collectors. That is why I like the recaro and britax, no cup holders .
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

Milestone is exclusive to other stores, BRU got the 4Ever. Annnnoying!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#