Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Carseats from Amazon Warehouse?

Was shopping on Amazon for some things and need to add something to my cart to get the free super saving shipping Still haven't picked up a spare carpooling booster, so I thought I might grab one of those. Any concerns about buying one from Amazon warehouse? I see a $14 Evenflo Amp that is listed as open box, says it is in original packaging but packaging will be damaged. The last item (a toy) I got from Amazon Warehouse that said this all the interior parts were still sealed but the outside box was beat up a bit. Wasn't sure if that was OK treatment for a carseat though....

I've gotten two car seats from them (britax b safe and peg perego convertible) and they were both in perfect condition. The peg came in a different box, but it was still wrapped in plastic and had all tags on it. It was an easy way to save a bundle.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've purchased MANY things from them.... for a steal. We actually have a local warehouse who buys Amazon returns - in fact I just bought a brand new Nautilus for $20 in the box! Sometimes I'm amazed that they don't even open the boxes that come returned to Amazon - - they still have the mailing addresses from the people who originally bought them and sent them back, and I've found invoices inside too with people's explanation of why of they are returning them.

But getting back to your question.... recently I bought a Olli Clek booster from them - open box. Unfortunately when it came - it was the Ozzi booster, and not the Olli ($$$$ price difference! I wanted the higher end one, and they sent me the lower cost one). They took it back no problem and i didn't have to pay return shipping. Very easy. I actually then reordered a 2nd "open box" Olli they had listed - and that one came perfect condition (with an even newer expiration date too). Probably bought it around 1/2 price of retail. VERY pleased! It came in the original box with paperwork too.

My greatest finds at Amazon warehouse though have been shoes.... gotta love getting Keen, Tsukihoshi and Orthaheel at less than 1/2 price! Even the ones that say "gentle wear" have been BRAND NEW - in box... still with tags attached - - so i knew they were never worn. I have even found these brands at less than $10!

If you don't mind the hassle of an occasional return like me - shopping the warehouse deals can be awesome!

lauti is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    I've purchased MANY things from them.... for a steal. We actually have a local warehouse who buys Amazon returns - in fact I just bought a brand new Nautilus for $20 in the box! Sometimes I'm amazed that they don't even open the boxes that come returned to Amazon - - they still have the mailing addresses from the people who originally bought them and sent them back, and I've found invoices inside too with people's explanation of why of they are returning them.

But getting back to your question.... recently I bought a Olli Clek booster from them - open box. Unfortunately when it came - it was the Ozzi booster, and not the Olli ($$$$ price difference! I wanted the higher end one, and they sent me the lower cost one). They took it back no problem and i didn't have to pay return shipping. Very easy. I actually then reordered a 2nd "open box" Olli they had listed - and that one came perfect condition (with an even newer expiration date too). Probably bought it around 1/2 price of retail. VERY pleased! It came in the original box with paperwork too.

My greatest finds at Amazon warehouse though have been shoes.... gotta love getting Keen, Tsukihoshi and Orthaheel at less than 1/2 price! Even the ones that say "gentle wear" have been BRAND NEW - in box... still with tags attached - - so i knew they were never worn. I have even found these brands at less than $10!

If you don't mind the hassle of an occasional return like me - shopping the warehouse deals can be awesome!
    OK I have to ask since I live in Phoenixville too - what warehouse is this? LOL!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lauti View Post
    OK I have to ask since I live in Phoenixville too - what warehouse is this? LOL!
    I want to know too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi there locals!!! It was actually the Savvy Market Place in West Conshohocken. They were open daily, then closed a month or two ago to appointment only. Saturday they opened for the day to liquidate and I bought the Nautilus for $20! They didn't have many kids things, but I was eyeing up a Boon high chair I would have swooned over a few years earlier.im sure it was a steal.

I wish they were still open daily cause I loved hunting for bargains there. Bought at least 2 other car seats there in the past 2 years, along with an Ergo and a few other top baby stuff. Even bought stuff like le cruset and an awesome TV and my laptop there.

Now they are mostly selling on eBay, Craigslist and Amazon warehouse. Really bummed cause I found INCREDIBLE deals there. It was always hit or miss, they buy Amazon, Costco and samsclub returns in bulk.

lauti is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    Hi there locals!!! It was actually the Savvy Market Place in West Conshohocken. They were open daily, then closed a month or two ago to appointment only. Saturday they opened for the day to liquidate and I bought the Nautilus for $20! They didn't have many kids things, but I was eyeing up a Boon high chair I would have swooned over a few years earlier.im sure it was a steal.

I wish they were still open daily cause I loved hunting for bargains there. Bought at least 2 other car seats there in the past 2 years, along with an Ergo and a few other top baby stuff. Even bought stuff like le cruset and an awesome TV and my laptop there.

Now they are mostly selling on eBay, Craigslist and Amazon warehouse. Really bummed cause I found INCREDIBLE deals there. It was always hit or miss, they buy Amazon, Costco and samsclub returns in bulk.
    Awesome will have to keep an eye on it. This post inspired me to check Amazon Warehouse (hadn't in a while) and I scored a Peg HBB in teal that I've been lusting after.

I always keep open box seats in my cart and watch till they drop really low... Obviously helps to not be in a rush!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    I always keep open box seats in my cart and watch till they drop really low... Obviously helps to not be in a rush!
    That's what I'm doing I'm kinda kicking myself for not waiting longer for the toy set that I just bought from the warehouse deals. It had dropped a few dollars so I grabbed it before it went out of stock, now it is a few dollars cheaper than what I bought at. I think this is part of Amazon's game to just keep me coming back for more stuff!

No kidding! Everything in my cart is up and down, up and down, a nickel, a dollar, it's so weird. I guess we need to use camelcamelcamel to make sure we are really getting the best deal? (not sure I have time for THAT for a few bucks, but I hear it's great).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast