mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Time for new seat? What's next?

DC just turned 4 and has been in the Britax Boulevard 70. DC is tall and now DC's shoulders are above the highest shoulder strap. Does that mean we need a new seat? DC weighs 41 pounds. I think wiggly DC still needs a full harness. What car seat comes next? I expected this seat to last longer lol. We need a super comfy and padded car seat for DC.

I also need a travel car seat option. We use CARES on plane. We need a seat for our destination that isn't heavy.

Thank you!!

Yeah, I always hope that seat will last 'till kindergarten', but I know some kids just put on those 5T tops and bam, it's too short. So the Frontier G1.1 is divine, super comfy, nice recline option, usable, comfortable armrests, deep, leg-supportive seat, and omg, SO easy to install with the click tight.
    You could do maybe a Maestro for travel, or a Secure Kid (has a nicer headrest, goes taller as a booster when you eventually get to that point), those are both super light for travel. Though if you think he'd be pretty good sitting properly in shorter travel scenarios, the Harmony Folding booster from Walmart.com is superb in terms of deep sides for confinement and sleeping and folds up to stash in the overhead.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Yeah, I always hope that seat will last 'till kindergarten', but I know some kids just put on those 5T tops and bam, it's too short. So the Frontier G1.1 is divine, super comfy, nice recline option, usable, comfortable armrests, deep, leg-supportive seat, and omg, SO easy to install with the click tight.
    You could do maybe a Maestro for travel, or a Secure Kid (has a nicer headrest, goes taller as a booster when you eventually get to that point), those are both super light for travel. Though if you think he'd be pretty good sitting properly in shorter travel scenarios, the Harmony Folding booster from Walmart.com is superb in terms of deep sides for confinement and sleeping and folds up to stash in the overhead.
    Thank you! You are so wonderful and helpful. I will go with the Frontier you mentioned. Looks like it gets rave reviews. How long will it last in terms of height/weight? Does it convert to a booster, and when do I convert it? Thanks! Going to check out the travel options you mentioned now.

The top slots are a good 3 inches taller than what you have now, the biggest of kids can fit harnessed in it till age 7, then it becomes one of the tallest boosters around (maybe THE tallest, actually, it should last till he's absolutely sick of a highback, it fit my 12 year old till middle school, lol).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Great! Now to find the color that I want... it seems the cowmooflage is impossible to find.

lauti is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mackmama View Post
    Great! Now to find the color that I want... it seems the cowmooflage is impossible to find.
    Cowmoo isn't out yet I don't believe, it's "coming soon"

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Amazon sells it but shipped by diapers.com and cowmooflage is actually cheaper than the other colors on amazon.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Amazon sells it but shipped by diapers.com and cowmooflage is actually cheaper than the other colors on amazon.
    Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in stock anywhere.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Do you have a link? I couldn't find it in stock anywhere.
    Here's the link, but the price has gone up since I posted here, now its sold by Albeebaby at $329.xx before it was $274.xx.
    http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontie...+frontier+g1.1
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

Just wanted to chime in that Albee Baby has 20% off regular priced item with code FEB20 if you want to order directly from their website.