Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default For fun...what color is this dress?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lue-black.html

What color do you see? And if you ever wanted to find out how differently your spouse views the world ask them to vote. I'm embarrassed to say I see white and gold, I'd much rather view the world like Taylor Swift than Kim K. DH is shocked and appalled and thinks I'm color blind that I don't see blue and black. I love the tweets back and forth with Mindy.

I must have been under a rock all day because I just saw this debate 20 minutes ago. I see gold and white or a very light blue and gold. I've been trying to understand the explanation about why people see different colors but it's over my head. Lol

ETA: DH sees black and blue and thinks us white and gold people are on drugs. Oh well.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 02-27-2015 at 02:29 AM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

rin is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If I look at the top part of the picture, I see white & gold; if I scroll the window so I can only see the bottom part I see blue & black. I think it's because of the contrasting colors around the image.

Blue and brown, specifically, light blue and dark beige/brown. I can see dark gold, but I don't see black or white at all.

I expect some of this has to do with the various computer monitors used to view it, plus the fact that it's a poor quality photo. It can't be that hard to people to see colors fairly similarly , or most customers would be unhappy when they received their colored merchandise from online stores or mail order catalogs.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Saw this on FB last night. I see blue and gold, which is neither 'choice'.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I see white/gold. DS1 says blue/black. DH says blue/red. He says the lace is red.

ETA: DS2 says blue/black. DD says light purple and brown!
    Last edited by KrisM; 02-27-2015 at 08:34 AM.
    Kris

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

HEre's the science behind it.

Admittedly DH got into a HUGE argument last night over this stupid dress. He sees Blue/black, I saw white/gold. When I first saw the picture - it was more the first image. But then it changed to the middle image. I could never get to the blue/black image.

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science...s-color-dress/

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default For fun...what color is this dress?

I've seen 3 color combos, same screen and settings. ETA- I initially saw the gold and white clearly. The next time I looked it was blue and black. Then it it was blue and brown. I haven't seen the gold and white version since.
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 02-27-2015 at 10:34 AM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

When I saw the image on Facebook this morning, it looked blue and black. Not dark blue like the second picture in the link, but clearly blue. When I pulled up the link in OP, the first picture looked white and gold, then light blue. The second was clearly dark blue and black, the third was maybe a periwinkle blue and black. Then I scrolled back up to the first picture and it was the same as the third picture, periwinkle. Not dark blue, but clearly a shade of blue. Can't wait to show this to DH. Very curious what he will see!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was just thinking, it's too bad there is no common culture bonding us all together anymore - unlike when I was a kid and everyone listened to the same songs on the radio and watched the same 5 TV shows. But now, there is The Dress!

White and gold here.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast