Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I see white and gold, I asked DS who is 9, he said black and blue...so weird!

kit is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I at first saw definitely white & gold, then later I could only see blue & black. Here are some more optical color illusions:

http://brainden.com/color-illusions.htm

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have seen both. When I first saw the post on Facebook I thought "why the heck is this a thing. It is clearly white and gold (or at least off white and brownish gold)." Later after scrolling through facebook somemore I came across the post again adn clearly saw blue and black. It's just freaky to me.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

Staraglimmer is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

I see white and gold mostly. I see a bluish white with gold to be more specific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephanie

Mommy to two little girls,
    April 2008
    June 2012

and a baby boy
    Oct 2018

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    HEre's the science behind it.

Admittedly DH got into a HUGE argument last night over this stupid dress.http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science...s-color-dress/
    Yes. My DH is also rather passionate over the color this damn dress and how he's right. Lol

I just showed it to 5-year-old DS, and he sees blue and brown. But he sees more of a medium-tone blue while DH is seeing the deep blue.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

White and gold here.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07

elliput is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Blue and Black on my laptop. However, it appears white and gold initially on my Nook and on my phone. I was also looking at it on my DH's laptop where from different angles it appeared w/g and b/b.

This is a great illustration of one should never rely on their device (phone/tablet/monitor/etc) to match color to something IRL, and then leave a negative review stating "color not as shown".
    Erica
    DD 1/05
    DS 9/08

Since one just does not simply walk into Mordor, I say we form a conga line and dance our way in.
    Excuse me, are you in a play​?

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I first saw white and gold, completely clearly, no question. My husband and 8yo saw blue and black, and I was laughing so hard at their "misperception." Then a while later, I saw blue and black. I haven't been able to even remotely see white and gold again. I was hoping to wake up this morning and see white and gold again, and I did for a split second but then it changed to blue and black as I was looking at it. SO STRANGE.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I see white and gold. I can't believe it's actually a blue and black dress, or that anyone can see blue/black!

It's really crazy.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I see white and gold. I can't believe it's actually a blue and black dress, or that anyone can see blue/black!

It's really crazy.
    I couldn't even begin to believe people could see blue/black, either. But knowing that I saw white/gold before, I can tell you that the blue/black I see now is completely different than the white/gold; it's not even close. It's not a light periwinkle that might be white in a dim room. It's a serious, true blue. And I know that the gold was definitely a light, light brown... and I can't see it anymore. It's absolutely DARK gray/black.

ETA: Oooh, wait! I saw it as white and gold again! Then I scrolled down and stared at the really dark blue stock photos, then scrolled back up...and it's back to black/blue for me.
    Last edited by pastrygirl; 02-27-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast