jray is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Lightbulb Hmmm, help me justify a Bumbleride Indie, too...

We have several beach visits planned this year and hopefully some outdoor adventures, too. I current have (and love) my BJ Versa and BJ Vue umbrella strollers, but I can't stop obsessing over the Bumbleride Indie. I know I could probably add the GT wheels to my Versa and be ok, but would the BR 3-wheel option be even better for sand? Bumpy terrain? I haven't tried the Versa on much other than grass and it was fine (though a little bumpy). My Vue actually went on the beach, but sand was packed in Ft. Myers. So what do you think? Should I splurge or not?
    Me DH + 4 kiddos (10, 9, 7, and baby boo)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Will you fly to beach? Not sure how it would be on a plane?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

jray is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Yes we are flying.
    Me DH + 4 kiddos (10, 9, 7, and baby boo)

I don't think any strollers work well on the beach. With my bob I have to drag it backwards.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bumbleride doesn't actually work in sand. Those pictures on the website are misleading! It is great for all other terrain though. As far as flying, I have flown with the single and the double Indie and both are no problem.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

The best stroller for the beach (according to StrollerQueen, and in my experience) is an old school Baby Jogger II with giant bike wheels and a fixed front wheel. I got one as a hand-me-down and we keep it on Cape Cod. I don't go very far in the sand, but pushing almost 4 year old DS was possible last summer - and I could definitely load it up with all the sand toys and stuff and pull it through the sand like a trolley.