Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've used dog tags for years for a non-verbal child. He knew how to show where mommy's phone number was.

The smallest one work especially well on the back tab of Keen h2o's with s little loop. So lightweight they worked awesome!

And I had peace of mind- they were on all his shoes.

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    sharpies work very well
    This is what I used at the NASCAR race we took B to. He has a RoadID band too but there are so many people at a race that I Sharpied my number on his arm. I got lots of comments about how smart it was :-D

Otherwise when we are somewhere with large crowds he just wears the RoadID band and knows it has all the info on it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This isn't specific to Disney, but just something to consider:

DH is a volunteer firefighter/EMT and has told me several times that emergency personnel check for ID in pockets, as bracelets and as necklaces. They don't look for shoe tags, tattoos, or ID that might be anywhere else. Shoe tags and tattoos are fine in a situation where your child is lost and can point out the ID. But in an emergency where you child may be unconscious or otherwise unresponsive, these things won't be checked. Just something to be aware of.

DS wears a medical bracelet at all times. His diagnoses are engraved on the outside; personal and contact information is engraved on the inside.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

my kids, 4 and 10 at the time, HATED these. They felt like a sticker on their skin and they were miserable the whole time. Finally they sweated them off and were happy. Would never buy these again. The good reviews have to be fake.
    ...Karen
    ds 1991
    dd 2003
    dd 2008 now home from Taiwan!

We had velcro thingy's called "Who's Shoes ID" that attached to their shoe because we had been told the "can't touch the child" thing (which makes sense). It says Who's Shoe on the outside part that a person can see, so I figured that they could ask the then 2 year old to take his shoe off so they could see the ID. We've reused them several times on different trips.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    my kids, 4 and 10 at the time, HATED these. They felt like a sticker on their skin and they were miserable the whole time. Finally they sweated them off and were happy. Would never buy these again. The good reviews have to be fake.
    They didn't bother my two in the slightest. That is a bummer it bugged your kids. to me, they just felt like the more expensive temporary tattoos that are available these days.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by stillplayswithbarbies View Post
    My kids have not been bothered by wearing them at all. The only issue DD had was with taking it OFF, but that's because if you try to take off a bandaid, she screams like you're trying to murder her--same thing with a sticker. They lasted over a week each time in May Florida heat, and then we still had to take them off.

I think it was for our 2013 WDW trip that DD wore a cheap bracelet that we made with a bead kit she has. It just had my cell number on it. We used the SafetyTats for the boys though. We put them on their upper arm where you could still see them sticking out of their sleeves.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

barkley1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My kids loved the tattoos! they were just like the cheapie ones you find at the dollar spot and such. We also put them on their forearm where they couldn't be missed.
    DC ~ 9
    DC ~ 7

I bought the paper wristbands (the ones they give you at concerts, fairs, etc) at PartyCity and wrote our info on the inside so it wasn't visible to anyone and on the outside I wrote Emergency Info. I gave the kids new ones each day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD1- 5/2008
    DD2- 3/2012
    Expecting a Boy July 2014!

kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

The Write-On SafetyTats did not work out that well for us. One trip they fell off pretty quickly... I thought it was because of some residual sunscreen on DS's skin even though I had cleaned thoroughly. The next time it didn't fall off immediately but the writing came off... ?sunscreen again? Sunscreen takes sharpie off as well but it's easier to rewrite, etc.

The ID bands or dog tags would probably work better for us if I still had a pre-verbal kid.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast