I am looking for an audiobook rental service. I would prefer one that I can download to my cell phone (i phone) It would be great if we could download to a few devices. The reason I want one that I can download is that we often travel in areas where there is no cell service, so streaming is not an option for us. Our local library does have free downloads that then disappear off your device after 22 days. Which is great, and I will use it, but they have a limited title selection. I also check out audiobooks from them all the time, but not every title is available at every branch, etc etc. It is nice to have the flexibility of an online download. So my questions are:

1. Are there companies that let you download as a rental vs a purchase?

2. If there are not these types of companies, what about the companies that ship you CDs--like Netflix. Does anybody use one of those?

3. We could use a streaming service around town. Does anybody use one of those and like them?

I have checked out audible etc--$15 a month for one book is too much for me. But that seems to be the standard in purchasing audible books.

Thanks for your help!