KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Minecraft question

My kids are obsessed with Minecraft. On the PC how does my DD connect with other people and play? She doesn't want to play with people who destroy everything though. Is there a way to connect with others on iPad? I think I remember reading somewhere that you can only connect through wifi on the iPad and they do that when their friends are over playing.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

OKKiddo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My sons are the same way--they get upset when they play with someone who knocks their stuff down while they're still building it. I'll have to ask DH how the boys connect with other kids though, I'm a minecraft dummy (in one ear and out the other).

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DH set up a server for DS so we could invite kids to play with him. I don't think it was particularly hard. We used an old computer and I think minecraft has free server software for people to download... but I really wasn't involved other than initial research and asking my husband to do it.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My boys log onto a few different family-friendly servers that have zero tolerance for "griefing" -- destroying things that are not yours. You have to apply to join the servers. Let me know via PM if you'd like the server names, and I can tell you my sons' usernames so maybe they can play together.