Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Recline seatback, install with LATCH as tight as you can, press down and back with your knee, reupright the seatback. Third row, same thing, just use the seatbelt, don't forget to pull the shoulderbelt all the way out to lock it. But yeah, definitely the easiest way to install anything in an Ody is to recline the seatback first, then pull it back up, it makes for a very low-effort install.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Argos has the no-rethread harness, which is nice, and a built in lockoff, which is nice for a seatbelt install after LATCH ends at 40lbs, and it has a nice third outer crotch strap, making it way better than the Argos 65/Nautilus. Overall pretty decent if she loves it.

It's roughly the same as the Recaro, so I'd leave it up to her.

SK is fine, if she liked it. The back is reinforced substantially, no need for a steel frame, though salespeople tend to think steel frames are wonderful, they offer the illusion of safety.

Pioneer's a pain to install with belts, anyway.

I hope the Evolve is out on shelves soon, you can see the not-as-deluxe-but-really-the-same model at Walmart now. The Evenflo reps I spoke with recently said their own kids love it, even for long trips, so I'm hopeful.
    Julie

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Argos has the no-rethread harness, which is nice, and a built in lockoff, which is nice for a seatbelt install after LATCH ends at 40lbs, and it has a nice third outer crotch strap, making it way better than the Argos 65/Nautilus. Overall pretty decent if she loves it.

It's roughly the same as the Recaro, so I'd leave it up to her.
    What exactly about the Argos causes the head flop, and why does it happen with the Argos and not the Recaro? Should that be an important deciding factor, since DD1 still falls asleep in the car?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

The way the headrest is forward of the backrest pushes their head forward, while the Recaro is more lined up so their head isn't pushed forward as much.
    Julie

Back with more questions...

Are any of the above listed seats (Argos 85 Elite, Recaro Performance Sport, SecureKid DLX or LX, or the two new evenflos) particularly easy or hard to install with the seatbelt? And I noticed that the sticky on this board linking to the "when to stop using LATCH post is gone" - have the guidelines been revised again?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Argos is super easy to install with a seatbelt (because of the lockoff), review here of Recaro should have a good run down of it..http://carseatblog.com/24022/recaro-...rmance-indeed/ and Secure Kid is 'ok' (but you can use LATCH to 50lbs). No idea on the new Evenflos, but I wouldn't call any of them impossible, just a quick learning curve of how your car works.
    All seats now have clear labels for how long you can use LATCH, they are all at least 40 pounds (for combination seats), or 42 or 45 or 50, the sticky was before the labels and some things changed again. (Oh, I found on car-seat.org, 44 for Nautilus/Argos, 45 for Recaro, though that MAY be be out of date, anyway, it's plenty for slender kids, who won't weigh that till over age 5 and are fine for a booster).
    Julie

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the performance sport and I find it quite easy to install with the seatbelt even when I was doing 3 across in my moms car

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    We have the performance sport and I find it quite easy to install with the seatbelt even when I was doing 3 across in my moms car
    Thanks!
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Argos is super easy to install with a seatbelt (because of the lockoff), review here of Recaro should have a good run down of it..http://carseatblog.com/24022/recaro-...rmance-indeed/ and Secure Kid is 'ok' (but you can use LATCH to 50lbs). No idea on the new Evenflos, but I wouldn't call any of them impossible, just a quick learning curve of how your car works.
    All seats now have clear labels for how long you can use LATCH, they are all at least 40 pounds (for combination seats), or 42 or 45 or 50, the sticky was before the labels and some things changed again. (Oh, I found on car-seat.org, 44 for Nautilus/Argos, 45 for Recaro, though that MAY be be out of date, anyway, it's plenty for slender kids, who won't weigh that till over age 5 and are fine for a booster).
    Is the limit the weight of the child, or the combined weight of the seat and the child? (If just the child, we'll be able to LATCH DD1's seat forever, ha!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast