Default Looking for an extra carseat; our 20 month old is 34"

We decided to get a carseat for our babysitter's car, so that we don't have to keep moving one from one of our cars. We bought a Chicco NextFit for DH's car when DS outgrew his infant carseat. I would like something that's easy to install and remove, and that could replace the NextFit when DS gets too tall for it. While it's impossible to say when that will be, he has been consistantly 90-95% percentile for height.

I am considering the Evenflo Maestro, since it will only be used once or twice a week. Does anyone have experience with this carseat? I've seen reviews saying that some people have problems with installation, and others have problems with changing the harness positions, but I always wonder if those are real problems, or people who just didn't read the instructions.
    Happy Healthy and Handsome DS 8/13

I'd probably lean towards the Secure Kid DLX because it's so so easy to install, though if your babysitter is fairly competent at that stuff, the Maestro is fine. If you are planning on another kiddo, it might be more prudent to get a super easily adjustable convertible like the Graco My Size....it will fit your son now and is good for tall kids RF and FF, should last till kindergarten/booster age.
    Adjusting the straps isn't too bad on the Evenflo, I just make sure to pull off and rethread one at a time so I don't forget what I'm doing or drop the harness yoke/splitter plate.
    Last edited by Joolsplus2; 03-20-2015 at 08:51 AM.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I got the Secure Kid DLX and both our sitter and my husband love it. Thank you for the recommendation!

Oh great! Thanks for posting back!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Just remember, your LO needs to stay rear-facing until 2yo at a minimum (ideally closer to 4yo, or when the seat is outgrown). FF a 20mo is not safe. The nextfit is one of the tallest seats on the market, so your child has many years of RF left in it. A good choice for a backup seat in the meantime is the Scenara NEXT (only $44 at Walmart).

Here's some good information if you want to check it out:
    http://csftl.org/why-rear-facing-the...junkies-guide/

Meljc, I am well aware of the dangers of turning a child forward. He rides rear facing in a Clek Foonf in my car. He rides FF in Daddy's car, where I have no jurisdiction.