Default Suggestions on Travel Deal Sites Needed

DH and I have done cruises since our girls were born and this year want to take a real vacation this year flying somewhere warm from the NJ/NY area. We are very open to where, as long as it is warm like the Caribbean and kid friendly, and open to when, even if it is school season as our girls are still young. I would like to the deciding factor to be based on price, that is getting a good deal. Every site I find to look up prices wants me to plug in dates and a location, which again I am open to.

Are there any sites on to travel deals (hotel & airfare) that are less constrained to the dates and locations to give me approximate prices or ideas?

You could sign up for travelzoo updates. They will tell you when there's a good deal on a cruise, hotel, whatever and you log in and check the availability. Not exactly what you're looking for but better than searching blindly, IMO. They also send out local deals. We got a KILLER deal on a voucher to a local restaurant that is super trendy and a fave of ours so I like getting their info anyway.

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like travelzoo as well. I just keep my eye on it, great deals do pop up.

Default Suggestions on Travel Deal Sites Needed

Costco Travel usually has deals that are valid for a certain length of time. You don't need to input dates to browse the deals and then check when the deal expires.

Groupon and similar sites also have travel deals where you book dates after purchasing the deal.
    Last edited by rolypoly27; 03-20-2015 at 11:32 PM.

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like to keep an eye on the following for package deals. You really have to watch daily. Prices fluctuate.
    CheapCaribbean
    Funjet
    AppleVacations
    Orbitz
    Expedia

poppy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Cruisecritic.com and Tripadvisor.com has lots of info.

Sometimes it's cheapest going to the Cruise Line's site itself. I've gotten good deals with their specials

I would add the following to the list that you have already received....also, as noted, prices change quickly and often! And, there are times when one site has an offer that is valid for a few days (think weekend sale...Friday - Sunday)...so, for that time period, that site has the best deal (and it can be SIGNIFICANTLY less than the quotes on other sites).
    resortvacationstogo.com
    bookit.com
    airline vacation packages/sites (i.e. aavacations.com, deltavacations.com, usairvacations.com, etc.)