Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I would let it start and then start taking the pills so that it would end sooner. At this point, I think you'd be more successful at shortening it than holding it off altogether. It all depends on how sensitive you are to the hormones. I can't prevent mine even if I take the pill non-stop, but I can make it shorter and lighter.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by indigo99 View Post
    I would let it start and then start taking the pills so that it would end sooner. At this point, I think you'd be more successful at shortening it than holding it off altogether. It all depends on how sensitive you are to the hormones. I can't prevent mine even if I take the pill non-stop, but I can make it shorter and lighter.
    Well, given how pcos always throws curveballs, I am not sure when I will start. If I knew I could start in the next few days I might be able to get it over with, but at this point, it could be that I start a week from now. I did confirm with a HPT that I am not pg; I was sure I was not but good to confirm. Bummer that this isn't working out The norethindrone directions online basically say you take it starting a few days prior to the start of your period, and then it should hold off your period until you stop taking them (breakthrough bleeding or spotting is possible, however). Unlike using combined BCP, you don't need to start way beforehand. Just a few days would do it. It seems more commonly used in the UK though than in the US.
    Last edited by brittone2; 03-23-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Read the reviews on Nature's Way yarrow flower capsules on Amazon. They will prevent or greatly lighten your period. My period is due in the middle of our spring break Mexico trip and I plan on taking them to delay my period. Birth control pills never stopped my period and definitely not the mini pill which I took for 5 years after having DS2 (period still came back at 5 weeks postpartum). I recommended the yarrow capsules for my best friend to take during her period to lighten it, but instead she took them before her period was due and then it never came! She called me when it was 4 days late and said she was taking 10 capsules a day (which I wouldn't recommend, just follow the serving size) ! I told her to stop taking them if she wanted her period to come and sure enough it started the day after she stopped the yarrow. I already have my bottle ready to go for my trip!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012NNR86..._jIkevb077HG8M
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2