abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default ISO a new convertible for the baby

I really need to get DD2 a new convertible. she is 32lbs, 99%tile for height, 22 months old, RF in a combi cocorro. I would like to RF as long as possible and would prefer something narrow, if possible. I have a suburban with captains chairs, which is where she is now. the older 3 dc are all FF in radians, 2 in the 3rd row and 1 in the 2nd captains chair. DD1 and DS2 each have just about a year left on their radians and when they expire, i'll move them to boosters. DS2 is a peanut, 4.5 years old and has plenty of time and growing room n his radian. I plan to keep him there until it expires (or he outgrows it). Sooooo....i'm really just looking for something for DD2 and not anticipating having anything to pass down to her. I had planned on getting another radian, but wondering if i'm missing another better and/or less expensive option?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

If you are happy with the low-profile-ness of the Radian, might want to just go with another. Though I find the Graco 4Ever to be decently low/compact and easier for regular (ie, non-carseat-dorks like us, lol) to deal with, and if your kids aren't hard on carseats, it makes a nice booster later, too, and is good for 10 years so might be a good choice for a last kiddo. Newer Radians do become boosters, but truly awful ones (minimum weight of 50 pounds, when slim children are too tall for it already, plus the belt guide makes the belts stick, so it allows a lot of seatbelt slack on the shoulder and chest).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#