Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks ladies. Bad things happen in threes, so I'm counting Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. We were discharged this morning, and Sprouts had a good sale on wine. So far today is full of WIN!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Daughter in hospital = get out of jail free card. Plus he deserved it.
    Exactly! I have to say, whenever I have a negative encounter with someone, I try to think "Maybe she had a bad day. Maybe her pet is sick. etc." as an acceptable reason. A child in the hospital--yep, that's at the tippy top of my hierarchy! That's an acceptable reason for sure! Be kind to yourself. Glad to hear your week is on the upswing!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wonder if that worker had special needs. DS was selling Scout cards outside a store last weekend, and someone had a problem that required a clean-up. The young man who got the broom looked typical enough, but as he continued speaking to us, it was clear that he had a developmental disability. It is not uncommon at large chain stores. OP, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The store should have sent up an employee who was able to do what was needed, which that employee clearly was not.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    I wonder if that worker had special needs. DS was selling Scout cards outside a store last weekend, and someone had a problem that required a clean-up. The young man who got the broom looked typical enough, but as he continued speaking to us, it was clear that he had a developmental disability. It is not uncommon at large chain stores. OP, I'm sorry you had a bad experience. The store should have sent up an employee who was able to do what was needed, which that employee clearly was not.
    I've had a lot of developmentally disabled people help me at big box stores, and they've always been totally capable. I think this guy sounds more jerky than anything else. Also, Lowes does annoy me with the "I dunno, let me go look for it" attitude when doing store pickup. Dude, I could find it, I ordered so it would be waiting!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

K
    Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    I'm 99%, only because you can never be 100%, sure that he was not special needs. He was lazy. He looked up the item on his iphone quickly, but then had to be prompted to actually go get it. I called the manager and gave him an earful right after i left the store, and he made no mention of having a special needs employee that would have been there. I also don't think the cashier would have talked to him the way she did if he were special needs. I assume she would have used a softer, gentler tone when she had to promt him to actually walk to get the item. And surely she would have told me he was special needs when I aas getting irritated with how slow he was moving. There is no part of me whatsoever that thinks he was special in any way.

ETA: i asked DH to get the cart out of my car this morning before heading back to the hospital, and he was pretty furious when he saw the label on the side of the box that says "71lbs, team lift"

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I wasn't going to say anything on this thread, but then I read the last update by the OP and I wanted to say as someone who's managed hourly employees in the past, I would never have told a customer that an employee was special needs if there were customer service issues. That's inappropriate.

You received horrible customer service, horrible. Yelling at an employee in a parking lot about being lazy and worthless is not okay. You should have involved the manager.

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-zb View Post
    I wasn't going to say anything on this thread, but then I read the last update by the OP and I wanted to say as someone who's managed hourly employees in the past, I would never have told a customer that an employee was special needs if there were customer service issues. That's inappropriate.

You received horrible customer service, horrible. Yelling at an employee in a parking lot about being lazy and worthless is not okay. You should have involved the manager.
    It was completely wrong to yell at him. I know that. I'm shocked that i did it, and i have never done anything remotely like that before. Ever.

As I said before, you can never be 100%, but he was most definitely not special needs. He was a late teens/early 20s and more interested in his iphone than helping me. As a special needs parent myself, I appreciate businesses that hire special needs people. Also, i realize that not every special need is painfully obvious. Still, I don't think this kid was special needs at all. He walked over with the other garden center guy at a normal pace, so he was completely capable of walking normally.

I did call his manager.

Today I stopped back by the store to file a formal complaint, and to apologize for loosing my temper. The boy was not special needs.

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    Today I stopped back by the store to file a formal complaint, and to apologize for loosing my temper. The boy was not special needs.
    It was nice of you to apologize. And good for filing a complaint! That guy seems shockingly clueless! Every aspect of is pretty bad. I will say that I have seen people have to drive up to have things put in their car, so maybe he was right about that, but he should have helped/gotten a co-worker to help him. Wow.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    It was nice of you to apologize. And good for filing a complaint! That guy seems shockingly clueless! Every aspect of is pretty bad. I will say that I have seen people have to drive up to have things put in their car, so maybe he was right about that, but he should have helped/gotten a co-worker to help him. Wow.
    The manager's jaw dropped when I told her about him stopping at the edge of the parking lot. That is definitely not something they train them to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast