Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

We join the city's aquatics program. They are very affordable - $9 per 45min class in a group size of 3. The only thing is that the spots get filled up very quickly.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Every kind of class here is at least $35/session (usually about 45 minutes). Swim might be even more, can't remember....

So that's a bargain to me!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS is in Little Waves at the Y (which is a non-competitive program that teaches them the four strokes to prepare them for swim team). They have to swim the entire length of the pool in order to be able to join. It's a 14 week program, one night a week for 1 1/2 hours and it's $45 for members, $65 of non-members. A bargain if you ask me!

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

is it lessons or swim team? my older two are on an in between program...its called winter swim team, but no meets. they can go 4 days a week for 3 months and its $90. but its more like lessons, as the coaches are in the water with them. practice is 45 mins per day.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

My kids are in group swim classes right now that are about $12.50 per class. They've been in classes through youth center programs that, with an inexpensive membership, were less expensive, but I would expect to pay about that much for a group class and significantly more for private classes. Your class is more expensive, but not out of the realm of acceptable from my perspective. If you can afford it, I'd do it. Going twice a week will really enable them to improve I would think.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Summer swim league $150 or less, I think, for 2 months of all-you-can-eat practices
    $15/30 min lesson at outdoor pool

Winter swim team 5 practices/month for $50
    $35/30 min less at indoor pool

Is this convenient for you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2