Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default SAHMs: DH's work conferences

If your DH has a conference that will require him to be gone a lot more than usual, how soon do you want to be notified?

My DH was speaking at a conference this week, thankfully in town, and he's also attending. He's sleeping here, but gone from 8am until 11pm ish wednesday through friday this week. He told me on monday. I was pissed. He thinks I'm making something out of nothing since I had two days' notice. I think he's smoking crack and anyone would be ticked to find out last minute (when your spouse has known for longer) that their coparent was going to be MIA for three days. Am I wrong?
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I would absolutely expect some advance notice of something like that!
    DD '06
    DD '14

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DH tells me when he schedules his or his flights. I don't always remember
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

He usually knows and tells me at least a few weeks if not month in advance.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I would expect far more advance notice, especially if my Dh is usually around to pitch in during the evenings. Primarily, I would be angry that he knew in advance and didn't see fit to share that information as if I have nothing better to do myself than shoulder all the family/house work for 3 days.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I expected to be notified immediately. I might make different decisions about the calendar if I knew DH was going to be unavailable

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Asap. My issue I'd my dh may put it on our Google calendar that he will be oot... But not tell me and then when I notice it a couple wks before the event he acts all innocent and makes it out like I'm not with the Prgm. I hate that.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am not a SAHM but work part-time and have all parenting duties. Our rule is that once the event goes on DH's outlook calendar, it needs to go on mine (his admin sends me fyi meeting invites/notices). I know last minute meetings and trips come up (my DH has often had to fly across the country with an hour or so notice) but if he knows of it sooner, I get notice too.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not a SAHM, but yeah, I'd be mad. At the very very least, it would change meal planning! Not to mention a bunch of other stuff.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My dh regularly used to work that late without any notice, so I got used to that. All that said, for a conference that he knew about, especially since those aren't his normal hours, you should have had notice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast