Thread: Shower tower

Default Shower tower

We're renovating our master bath. DH wants to get a shower tower with a rain shower head, handheld head, and massage/mist nozzles. It's a splurge for himself. Does anyone have one they could recommend?

I saw a few on amazon. The one DH wants also has a tub spout. It's only a shower, no tub, so would having a tub spout in the shower look funny? DH says it doesn't matter but he might just be saying that because the one he likes is cheaper and looks nicer than the ones we seen without a tub spout.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Our plumber didn't recommend them, but I don't know why. I wasn't looking at them--he said, you're not using one of those towers, are you?

I wouldn't want a tub spout in a shower stall. You won't be able to stand underneath the rain head without whacking your legs. Our shower only shower heads are angled differently than our showers with tubs. In the tubs, you can't get all the way to the wall anyway because of the edge of the tub and slope of the side, but that space matters in a shower. Unless maybe you have a huge stall? I would manage to whack my legs anyway because I'm talented. I've cracked my knee in the tub lots of times. Sad...

Make sure you have enough hot water supply for it too. We know two couples who installed them and they blast through the hot water very quickly and shower is over, both were new custom homes and they can't enjoy them. I wouldn't do a tower but we love our rain shower head and regular shower head. Our master bath has its own tankless hot water supply with never ending hot water too, love it.