Default IMMI Go seat...anyone seen this? Jools??

So on my quest to find a FF seat for an almost 4 yr old, I came across info on the IMMI Go harnessed to booster seat on carseat lady blog. Anyone have recent experience with it? I believe they were once sold as safeguard go. Is it found to be a lot slimmer than a boulevard or frontier? Has ANYONE seen IRL?

https://www.immigoseat.com

I ask because I am trying to fit 3 across in the middle bench of a sequoia. This wasn't a problem until my two oldest started riding in backless boosters. My youngest is almost 4, about 37lbs and currently in a FF boulevard. I am ok with a new seat for him if it means 3 across will work. I read this seat is narrow. He is currently FF in the center seat, installed with the seat belt. The LBBs are fine in outboard positions, but as you know, getting hands down there can be challenging. The boulevard in center position isn't ideal for me, but it offers a little more space for buckling the boosters for some reason. The LBBs we have are the evenflo amps.
    The sequoia has latch for all 3 seats in the middle row, as well as tethers for all 3. Ideally I'd like this seat behind the driver, but it would work in any position...it requires a tether and latch installation is suggested since belt install can be tough. It looks pretty nice, but not sold locally to check out in person.
    I will also probably be looking at a new car within the next year. I will be downsizing my sequoia to a smaller suv, probably one without a 3rd row. I was hoping this would be possible with the amps and IMMI go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it love it love it love it. With LATCH, it really is literally seconds to put in, we've had the Safeguard version for years. It was just about the only thing that fit in the middle of my Escape so other kids could fit next to it. The new one is leather, sleek, lovely, love it.

Ok, so the only thing that *might* be problematic is that the harness fits only as tall as the seatback. I was able to eke some extra inches out of mine because the top tether was in the ceiling, lifting the whole shebang up an extra couple inches, while some folks with top tethers on the vehicle seatback have had their seats outgrown a lot sooner, as that pulls the whole harness down an inch or two.
    And well, then the other problem might be that the armrests of all three seats are exactly next to each other, making them not puzzle well (while a seat that's on a base, like the one you have, or something with a slim back, like the Evenflo Sure Ride, might give you more space to buckle outboard boosters better than it seems.) Oh, and the sleeping isn't too comfy, unless you have a vehicle seatback recline option and it stays tight when you kick it back a notch.
    So hmmm... what's the return policy if you hate it?
    How heavy are your other kids? Over 60 pounds and you can use the Safety 1st Incognito, which is no wider than an actual butt, so fits great next to other seats, lol. Under and maybe you could try the Cosco High Rise/Ambassador, with lower armrests and a little narrower for buckling, plus cupholders, which I know must be popular in the Amps.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Thanks, great info! Older two are not over 60lbs yet. And I can see what you mean about the armrests being problematic. Right now the boosters fit because the Britax is raised and their arm rests fit fine underneath. However, the Britax has got to be wider at the base than the IMMI? The sides of the Britax extend outward a lot, but that doesn't affect the other riders. The bench seat is pretty darn wide and I'm lucky that many seats install easily in this car. It's one of the reasons I chose it. It's a whole other ballgame with boosters though. It was easier when they were all harnessed!
    I can probably install this seat behind the passenger and then the center seat belt latches on the other side. This could possibly help with buckling the center booster without worrying about the arm rest of the IMMI getting in the way. The seatback does recline independent of the others.
    I will check the return policy. If they will accept returns, I'm so curious I will order it!

Oh, something I forgot...each of the seats can also go back/move forward independent of the others. I'm wondering if that will help with puzzling. Right now I have the two outboard seats moved back further than the center (Britax position). This helps a little with buckling.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have the Safegaurd version (bought in 2009) and have been very happy with it. My only complaint is that it isn't a great choice for trips where your kid will be sleeping a lot as at least with DD1 it caused a lot of head slump while sleeping. I bet the leather though might be stiffer and easier to prevent head slumping. I also tried to take the back off to use it as a backless booster and I thought it was a bit of a pain so we have never used it as a backless booster. If the price isn't too high due to the leather it is a great seat (we paid about $130 for ours) and we have gotten lots of use out of it, plus it fits in the overhead bin on airplane and underneath the seat on a train if you are a on a train without a lot of storage space (we took it on an Amtrak commuter train this past fall). DD2 is 42" tall and for a tall 4 yr. old there is a still a lot of harness room in it.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Yeah, all in all, your bench is probably a lot wider and easier to fit things in than my Escape! It'll probably do the trick.
    I loved the seat as a backless so much, I've begged them for years (every time I see them at a conference, lol) to sell it alone, it's so deep, low, cushy, divine. But getting it from harnessed mode and back makes me want to tear my hair out.
    Julie

I emailed the company to see about their return policy. Hopefully they take returns and I can try one. I will let you know what they say.

I just heard back. The return policy is a charge of $20.00 per seat provided they are returned in like new condition. They will review the seat once returned and if it looks fine, they refund. I think I'm ordering today. However, in their email they stated the widest part of the seat was 18" and their website states 16.5" at the armrests. 18" might make it tight to buckle the boosters, so I will wait for clarification on the widest measurements.

Seat came yesterday and it installed like a dream. Most seats do in my car though. It's rock solid and there's plenty of space to buckle the boosters on either side! My DS loves it and has no issue with being seated lower. The head supports offer him enough support if he falls asleep and he can easily climb in himself. There is no problem with all 3 seats having arm rests, however my back seat is wide. The real test will be trying all 3 out in a smaller suv since I'm probably downsizing soon.
    Thanks to all who chimed in!

Excellent! We'll find skinny boosters later when you get the new car
    Julie