Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Ooh, thanks. XS would be right for me too, then - I'm XS in Athleta/2 in Boden dresses. But you never know with some brands and I haven't bought AT in years.

ETA oh no! Sold out in the XS and S! Boo hoo!

Further update - got a store to ship me the XS and honor the 50% off! Hope I like it. ;-)
    Mine arrived yesterday. Disappointed. It fit perfectly but was WAY TOO SHORT!!! WTF??? It's not anywhere near as long as it appears on the model. I've been having this problem with almost every dress I've tried recently. What gives?? I'm only 5'6", so not particularly tall...but maybe I need to start focusing only on buying tall sizes??

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Mine arrived yesterday. Disappointed. It fit perfectly but was WAY TOO SHORT!!! WTF??? It's not anywhere near as long as it appears on the model. I've been having this problem with almost every dress I've tried recently. What gives?? I'm only 5'6", so not particularly tall...but maybe I need to start focusing only on buying tall sizes??
    Is it something that can be worn with leggings or tights?

for Sandy Hook

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Is it something that can be worn with leggings or tights?
    It is, I tried it with gray leggings and it looked OK. I can't think of what color might look better. Same with tights, not sure what color would work.

Fall/winter isn't a problem...I've got tons of stuff that I wear with leggings/tights. But for spring/summer (which is what I was hoping this would work for!) it's harder - I don't know what to do with all of my too-short-to-wear-without-covering-legs shirtdresses/tunics that I have for work. I have a pair of nude wedges that look great if my legs are bare...but I have to be more careful with pant/leggings/tights colors and I haven't figured out what works with nude shoes for the warmer months that doesn't look so "heavy". If you think of a good idea, please let me know! I might have to start a new thread, I feel bad about hijacking!!

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you have a Dress Barn near you? My DD just had her First Communion, and I searched all over for a dress. Ordered some online and went to a few higher end dept. stores. I ended up finding 2 dresses that I really like at Dress Barn. Now I am not crazy about shopping somewhere with the word "Barn" in the title, especially since I am working to lose weight too! But they have a TON to choose from, and the prices can't be beat. The do have lots of bolero type sweaters too if you find a sleeveless one and want a cover up for church or if it's chilly. The quality seemed just fine to me. Each of my dresses was $45 and they had a promotion to get $10 off your total if you bought two.

melwe is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I second Dress Barn. I have bought several dresses from them, and I find their fit to be very flattering. The prices are very reasonable.
    Melanie

DD 12/06
    DS 9/2011

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by inmypjs View Post
    Do you have a Dress Barn near you? My DD just had her First Communion, and I searched all over for a dress. Ordered some online and went to a few higher end dept. stores. I ended up finding 2 dresses that I really like at Dress Barn. Now I am not crazy about shopping somewhere with the word "Barn" in the title, especially since I am working to lose weight too! But they have a TON to choose from, and the prices can't be beat. The do have lots of bolero type sweaters too if you find a sleeveless one and want a cover up for church or if it's chilly. The quality seemed just fine to me. Each of my dresses was $45 and they had a promotion to get $10 off your total if you bought two.
    Thanks for the idea. I'm sure there is a Dress Barn here somewhere just have to figure out where. I'll have to check there for other occasions. I bought a dress at Macy's but I think I'm returning it. I did find a pencil skirt and top that I think I'm going to wear. Too bad it's going to be like 40 and raining tomorrow though.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Got the dress and it's going back! It turns out I don't really like that print in person - looked so much more elegant on the model. Nor the fabric. It fit well and the length didn't bother me. Not sure how returns at AT work as they didn't send me a return label...

for Sandy Hook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3