Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Double Stroller Advice

Looking for a double stroller for a 2 yr old (24 lbs) and a 3 month old (17 lbs). I'm guessing the little one will be the bigger one before long.

Want something for walks on bike trail and city sidewalks. Not concerned about using it for shopping or indoor.

Right now I'm toying with three options:
    1.) Used Chicco Cortina Together for $125
    2.) Used Baby Jogger City Elite Double for $275
    3.) Burley Encore or D'Lite with stroller attachment

So far the only one I've actually tested out is the Chicco. I don't LOVE it like I do my single stroller (Mia Moda Atmosphera), but I don't know if I'll love anything while being frugal.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Baby jogger hands down.

Do you know why I can't find anything online about the elite (cd-12) model? Did the name change?

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

They discontinued it a couple years ago.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jamiechic View Post
    Do you know why I can't find anything online about the elite (cd-12) model? Did the name change?
    Loved that stroller! It morphed into the baby jogger city double GT, but the seats on the elite are roomier.

The BJCE was much more worn than I anticipated. Wear in fabric and missing the front wheel lock. Clearly older than 2012 model (no side brake and peep holes were Velcro). I'm torn. Would you spend 275$ or splurge for a new stroller knowing you could possibly recoup more when you sold it?

It definitely handles better than the tandem!

Kaylee31 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Could it be the BJ Classic (predecessor to the Elite)? Either way, it sounds very overpriced. If the seller won't take [a lot] less, I'd keep looking for a used double or just buy new. I think for outdoor use, side by side is the way to go. BOB duallie, BJ Summit/Elite/city mini GT, or Mountain Buggy double would be my suggestions.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    DS - 07/09 - Mr. Tempermental
    DD - 02/12 - Dollface
    New arrival expected 06/14

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylee31 View Post
    Could it be the BJ Classic (predecessor to the Elite)? Either way, it sounds very overpriced. If the seller won't take [a lot] less, I'd keep looking for a used double or just buy new. I think for outdoor use, side by side is the way to go. BOB duallie, BJ Summit/Elite/city mini GT, or Mountain Buggy double would be my suggestions.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
    It was advertised as the Elite, but also as excellent condition; it certainly could be the classic. It was well loved and the flops certainly were velcro.

Thanks for the suggestions! We've decided to spend more to get something we will like. The only problem is our city isn't big enough to have stores with quality doubles to test.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

You may need to take a day trip to a nearby bigger city to test out some strollers. We always had to do that- or even go out of our way on vacation to find them. Then we ordered on line. People in the stroller forum were very helpful to us! Is there a Buy Buy Baby within a fee hours of you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Is there a Buy Buy Baby within a fee hours of you?
    There is - I had looked online last night and it didn't appear that they had them in store, however. Perhaps that's either incorrect or just the result of a beautiful spring weekend and increased sales!

I e been trying to find deals on Baby Joggers doubles, but it appears I may be looking the wrong time of year?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast