Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: People Suck

It seems like a few stores enforced limits-- one woman on FB said the security guard at their store said no one would be allowed to check out with a cart full of Lilly. But the stores were few and far between.

I was interested in the plus size line which was online only, so I didn't even have the benefit of even trying the store. Even though they will never come out and say it, Target was definitely trying to keep this line "exclusive." Anyone who actually thought it would last through May 31 was slightly deluding themselves. I do feel bad for the people who planned events around these items, like family photos or wedding registries, I saw some of that.

I do think it's interesting that this line and the Missoni line practically flew out of the stores and the website, but they couldn't give the stuff in the Neiman Marcus line from a couple years ago away. I didn't realize Lilly Pulitzer was that popular.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree with you!! I hate when people hog all the stuff!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

That happened with the Missoni stuff too. I really wanted some of it, but it was mostly gone when i made it up to the store. I did end up with a skirt, but i really wanted the duvet. I fed the beast and paid too much for it on Ebay.

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I saw some people listing some of the adult shift dresses on Instagram for $100. Disgusting.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What's sad is people are bidding on the items on ebay.

Yeah, if you're going to pay some of those prices on eBay, you might as well just order from regular Lilly. People who wanted to try the plus-size line (like me!) don't have that option, though. I'm still not paying those prices!
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2