Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lilly at Target

Default Lilly at Target

Was anyone able to get Lilly Pulitzer items yesterday? I was able to get DD a few things online between 7:00-7:30 am; however, 3 items went out of stock before I could check out. When I looked, only kids items, beach towels, and candles where available online. I heard our local store was wiped clean in 15-20 minutes. I was there this morning & there was no trace of Lilly, not even a sign.

nebwhit is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ECMom View Post
    Was anyone able to get Lilly Pulitzer items yesterday? I was able to get DD a few things online between 7:00-7:30 am; however, 3 items went out of stock before I could check out. When I looked, only kids items, beach towels, and candles where available online. I heard our local store was wiped clean in 15-20 minutes. I was there this morning & there was no trace of Lilly, not even a sign.
    I am so sad. I would put something in my cart and it would be gone. All stores nearby, in GA where sis lives, in SC where mom lives where OOS of the items I really wanted. What was crazy it at church at 9:45 two women had on items I am certain were from the collection. I can't even bear to look on Ebay for what is there.
    Jennifer
    mama to three

I shopped online overnight. Didn't have luck with the website but did get a clutch that I wanted via the app (after an hour of loading my cart, having it cleared, attempting to check out, etc). None of the clothes I wanted worked - by the time the app let me grab them, they were sold out of my size.

I went to the store at 7:50 for an 8:00 opening and the racks were completely cleared out by the time I made it through the doors at 8:03. (There were about 100-150 people waiting outside of Target).
    I ended up with hair ties (which I actually did want). There were women with entire carts filled. They should have put limits on what people could take.
    I could have waited outside the fitting rooms for people's rejects, but at that point I was just over it.

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I thought it was all handled poorly on Target's part. I suppose they sold every item, which was the goal. But they still could have and not made such a poor experience for so many. I hope those who were so greedy don't sell one thing on EBay.

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I really wanted the Nosey Posey top for DD, but it sold out of my cart while i was checking out. Boo! I won't buy it on Ebay... reseller's can kiss my patootie! It's just a shirt! (but dang I love that pattern....)

I heard a report on NPR today that a Target exec estimates that only 2% of the stock they sold is currently available for resale (on ebay mostly). Not sure how they calculate that, but must be an immense amount of product they sold in just a few hours. They are surely proud of the outcome regardless of the push back on social media.

I wish they would make the return period limited to 3 days or some such so that the reseller's can't really make a turnaround, or just make it final sale so the people who are buying for themselves get it.

I'd love to see them do an order.... you didn't get it in the first round? Here's a example available at X target near you... go try it on, feel it, and then you can place a future order if you want it. Everybody gets what they want. Resellers are cut out of the loop and Target would make SO MUCH MORE $$$. Win win?

I never ever participate when target does these over priced over hyped limited edition designer things. The ebayers are insane. They should limit everyone to 3 items per dept or something. The psychos would still find a way to get around it (keeping their kids out of school and forcing them to buy stuff) but it would maybe give the people who actually want to- oh, I don't know- USE IT themselves a chance. Stupid. LP is totally NMS anyway but I remember totally coveting the chevron dress and sweater from a few years back with one of these designer limited editions (not because I had a clue who the designer was but simply because I saw it on a display ohoto and liked it so asked a SA about it and was looked at like I was insane!) but wasn't willing to stand in line and fight the crazies. It's like trying to buy zip locks and foil the day after Christmas- you take your life into your own hands even attempting it. I do agree they should have a separate return policy for these things so at least the ebay nuts have to eat the cost if they don't sell it.
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 04-21-2015 at 02:27 AM.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I posted about this in BP on Sunday. I was at a different target yesterday and they had some stock left -- a garden stool and 3 bottles of nail polish. :-)

lcarlson90 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would keep checking your Target stores for returns. I wasn't able to get anything on the day of the release but today they had a couple items of women's clothing and some home stuff.
    Gavin 7.30.08
    Dylan 2.24.05

Seconding the recommendation to keep checking for returns. I found a travel bag yesterday and mothers day is done!

I'm going to look today. Hopefully some plus-size dresses end up in store. Also, the Lilly stuff has a 14-day return window instead of the normal 90, so there could be a lot of items getting returned by May 3.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast