Default ...Next seat for DS1?

DS1 just turned 4 Monday and is FF in a BLVD. Don't have his height/weight recently but he is big for his age, like 98%th percentile height/weight last well visit and regularly gets mistaken for a kindergartener the last year so pretty big. Right now he is in a captain's seat in my Grand Caravan, but when the baby comes in August we are thinking we will move him and DS2 to the 3rd row, stow the extra captain's chair, and put baby in the remaining one. We don't "have" to get him a new seat now but I want to narrow it down so I can watch for a deal. He falls asleep in the car still pretty often and we definitely want a harnessed booster for now.

I am nervous that we may need to get 3 across eventually so trying to lean towards the narrower seats.

Any thoughts?
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

For his size, I'd go straight to the Frontier. For maybe three across, I'd go to the Evenflo Secure Kid.
    Frontier is bulky, but super easy to install, super roomy, good recline.
    SK is comfy enough, no recline, narrow outside, and 1/3rd the price.
    Wildcard for narrow and tall would be the Evenflo SureRide, which is actually a convertible, but the top harness slots are taller than the Secure Kid, so you could just use it as 'the middle seat' for whatever kid fits in it down the road. Maybe a Radian for that, too.
    Do you have a Babies R Us? You can try them all out....while I don't usually like the Pioneer (kind of a booger to install), it's roughly the same seat as the Frontier so you could get a feel for it.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Thanks! We do have a Babies R Us nearby.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019