Default BubbleBum for Europe?

DD, age 8.5. About 60lbs, 51". Rides in a Radian XTSL, Diono Monterey, and locally in Turbobooster.

Planning a trip to Paris, French Alps, and London this summer. Vast majority of travel will be via train, subway, etc. Considering one hotel that is a little bit outside the hub-bub and thinking that possibly taking cabs back on nights we are out late (instead of Metro) may make life easier.

Thoughts on using a BubbleBum in these circumstances? It would be for use on local city streets, no highways, and less than 10-15 minute rides, I assume. Would there be a better option? Concern would be about lugging something around all day.

TIA

Yup, go for it. There are a couple of different models now, one with open belt guides (so far as I know, only on pink chevron) and closed, tight belt guide, on the older ones being phased out. If there's another neutral one (neon) with the opener belt guides, I'd go for that one, as the tighter older belt guides are pretty much a pain to fiddle with. Check the website and Amazon to see if you're getting the open guides. The closed ones aren't prohibitively a pain, we've managed with them for years just fine, but if you have the option, the new one's better.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We took our Bubblebum to Greece and Rome last summer for taxi rides and it was great. I say go for it!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Bubble Bum is wonderful! And super safe. We've used ours in several countries.

Jools I'm so glad to hear the belt guides are open now, my only complaint with our older model is that it's sometimes a pain to get the belt in and out of the belt guides.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by edurnemk View Post
    The Bubble Bum is wonderful! And super safe. We've used ours in several countries.

Jools I'm so glad to hear the belt guides are open now, my only complaint with our older model is that it's sometimes a pain to get the belt in and out of the belt guides.

Just recieved a bubbblebum from target.com- the $10 GC thread here- and it has the new open belt guides. It is just plain black. I didnt see any information online about it having the new open design, so i was pysched when i opened the box!

Oh good! Thanks for posting!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh!! Those belt guides are the reason our Bubblebum has sat unused by us since it first came out. So good to hear they're changing them!