Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Have you seen this article about mother in jail for not wanting child circumc...

The judge is out of line for not appointing a GAL for the child. This is control
    Issue by the non-custodial father at his son's expense. I would not cooperate with this insane order either. The kid isn't a baby, this is a much bigger deal and my job as a parent is to protect my child - even from his other parent.
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 05-20-2015 at 05:21 PM. Reason: typi

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

update:
    http://wtop.com/health/2015/05/fla-m...-before-judge/

Sounds like the mom has been made to sign an agreement to have her son circumcised under duress. The story says the judge threatened to keep her in jail "indefinitely" unless she agreed. Sad.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    update:
    http://wtop.com/health/2015/05/fla-m...-before-judge/

Sounds like the mom has been made to sign an agreement to have her son circumcised under duress. The story says the judge threatened to keep her in jail "indefinitely" unless she agreed. Sad.
    This story is so insane.

I thought the courts were supposed to do things from the perspective of what's good for the child, and I can't think of any angle that is pro-child here. Even if you are very pro-circumcision, what would be the harm in waiting until he is old enough to be able to consent?
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

He asked to take the child out of state to c
    get citcd no fl dt will do it
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I just cannot even fathom. Why would a father insist on this under the circumstance? The mom was an idiot to agree in the first place all those years ago without first looking into it but this has become insane. I hope that boy grow up despising his father, as he should. He is being used as a pawn to get back at the mom. Disgusting. It's not even about pro or anti circ, it's about what is in this boy's best interest and clearly these men - the judge and the father - have no concept of what is in his best interest. So sad for them.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    He is being used as a pawn to get back at the mom.
    Unless there's some medical necessity we aren't aware of (which seems doubtful) I agree. The dad's using the son.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The child has a voice and his should be heard since the courts are not listening to the mother's on his behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by div_0305 View Post
    The child has a voice and his should be heard since the courts are not listening to the mother's on his behalf.
    Yeah, but who knows what he'll say? If he says "I want it to look like Daddy's" should the courts say "alrighty then!" That's why he should have had a guardian ad litem appointed.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have no sons, I'm not anti circ as much as I'm for letting parents decide, but heck, at this kid's age I think I'd let it go and let my son decide for himself when he is an adult. What does that dad hope to gain? Surely not his child's love or confidence!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No Florida urologists will do the surgery The Saving Chase group is now on a letter writing campaign for all neighboring states to let urologists know about the situation. The father has the rights to take him to any state for the procedure. One would think if you cant find a DR in the whole state to do the surgery it might not need to be done.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast