TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Teacher gift ideas?

I am never good at this. I need 4 teacher gifts for DD1 and I have no idea what to do for DD2's teachers...she was in the infant room most of the year and they have 4 main teachers (I think) plus lots of helpers who rotate in and out. Ideas?

Target gift cards. Even if all you can do with that many teachers is $5 or $10, at least they can do something with it rather than a trinket to throw in the goodwill pile.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

As a teacher, gift cards, even if it is only $5 to Starbucks!

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I always love gift cards myself, but one year I had a parent give me personalized notepads/stationary, which I loved. Also, for elementary/pre-k teachers, stamps are a really welcome gift. A set of them or a personalized one (I had one that said, "This book belongs to: (me)"
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Would a gift card for Target be more appreciated than Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Teacher gift ideas?

I always do gift cards. Some years we have a list of the teacher's favorite things, which usually includes favorite restaurant, favorite place to shop for themselves, etc. In that case, I get a gift card to somewhere from their list. Without a list, I get a Target gift card.
    Last edited by BDKmom; 05-22-2015 at 02:40 PM. Reason: typo
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    Would a gift card for Target be more appreciated than Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
    Any gift card would welcome!

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I usually do gift cards for end of year gifts. This year I was thinking maybe Amazon ones, at least for the two classroom teachers. DD1's teacher is a big reader and both of the teachers have kids still in school. Does it look bad if I print off an ecard/egift from Amazon? I normally gift Target cards but already gave one of those to DD1's teacher at Christmas. And I usually do Dunkin Donuts cards for the bus driver and aides.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

ANY gift card is greatly appreciated!! I have received candles, bath items, and plants this year. All are soooo appreciated but I am sensitive to scents and kill anything that is supposed to be green. I pass the plants onto friends with green thumbs. The candles are under my sinks to "freshen" the air without my actually smelling it. I don't have the heart to donate or toss them. Panera and Target were popular gift cards throughout my coworker circle this year. Over the holidays I bought my kids' elementary teachers Amazon gift cards and their end-of-the-year gift will be TJ Maxx/Home Goods/Sierra Trading Post gift cards...my weakness!! My middle school teachers are either getting Starbucks or Trader Joe's GC's bc the smaller amount will go farther there.
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

I don't drink coffee, but even I can spend a Starbucks card since I like their pastries. I love Panera though and hadn't thought about that one before. We had some class money left over this year and purchased books for the classroom. It isn't exactly a gift for the teacher. However, they do spend a lot of their own money on the class, and that is what they asked for.
    DS1 - 8/09
    DS2 - 9/11