Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'd make sure the emergency fund is there before maxing retirement. At least a couple months worth, if not the full amount. I might then figure out something 'fun' that's been put off that isn't too spendy to do next. Something in the under $2000 or under $1000 range, just to have some direct fun benefit of you working.

Put the savings on auto pilot and do them first before budgeting the rest of the money. Every paycheck, we have $500 go to one of our Roth's. That fills them up in November, and in December, I have extra wiggle room for Christmas gifts. The car payment goes in monthly and it's enough for a new car every 5 to 6 years.
    Kris

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would start banking your paycheck. I wish we could live off of DH's salary alone. I would probably wait six months before spending it just to make sure that you like your job. I know it is overly conservative, but I would just want to be safe, and I never feel like you can be too safe in a high to very high col area. Congratulations on your new job
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2