Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I like Lancome, Tarte, Clinique.
    The Naked Eye Palette by Urban Decay is insanely popular many years running.
    Everyone likes NARS for cheeks, Dior for mascara.
    "They're Real" mascara is good if you want that almost-false-eyelashes look.
    Get the Touche Eclat thingy as a secret weapon! Youtube it, it's cool.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Update-Finally got up the nerve and time to go to Sephora today. I had tried to find some YouTube videos and looked at some of the suggested channels, but didn't really know what to look for. So, got to Sephora. All of the salespeople were very heavily made up. I didn't like any of their looks, but there I was so I hoped they could help me anyway. I did the 15 minute consultation thing. I told the woman I hadn't worn make up in a long time, but wanted to start back again and didn't know how. I told her I wanted to look natural, but get help with my complexion, cover stuff up, etc. She used bare minerals powder. The good thing is I found my shade. She did do some primer first, but then
    she was done. I thought I just might not be used to the look, but I now realize that part of what I don't like is my skin is too uniform and I just didn't look alive! Anyway, I bought the powder and the brush she suggested, remembering it was mentioned on here that the brush was important. Browsed around on my way out and found they had something called a complexion start up kit, which for $15 less had 2 types of powder, primer, something to add just a little color (forgot the name, maybe a warmer or something like that) and some kind of finishing cream. Also, a brush. So, I exchanged my powder and brush for all of this and happily received the extra $15 back. I will be playing around with this now, I guess.

If anyone has suggestions for what I should specifically search for on YouTube, please let me know! Thanks.
    I think it's called Warmth. I used to use Bare Minerals and also used Warmth - the key is to apply it SUPER DUPER SPARINGLY! A teeny tiny bit goes a long way - load a tiny sprinkle of the powder into your brush and then apply (they had a video on their website on how to use it/where to apply it).

You can also try applying the BM foundation powder itself sparingly. If your complexion is generally good and you just want to touch it up a bit, you won't need a whole lot of powder so that you can let some of the color of your skin show through.

I switched to MUFE HD (liquid foundation) applied with a foundation brush after about a year of using BM and and love the finish so much better than BM. It's a smooth but not super-matte finish. It's the only thing I actually wear on my skin (no blush, no bronzer, etc). I add a lip gloss (Burts Bees lip shimmer or one of the Jenna Hipp ones from Costco) and call it good for work. I could probably do "more" but I really just want it to look like I have nice skin (which I don't - I have blotchy spider-veiny-red skin on my face!).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2