kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Taking food to a friend

I'm taking dinner to a friend and her family tonight. I'm trying to figure out how much food to take. It's a family of 4. The kids are a 10yo girl and about an 8yo boy.

I'm planning to take:
    - crispy beef tacos (meat, taco shells, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, grated cheese)
    - spanish rice (someone here said they like the joy of cooking spanish rice recipe so I'll give that a try)
    - pineapple, mango, papaya salad (which is really just cubed fruit with lime juice) because I already have mango and papaya that I need to use

Is there anything else I should take? Or switch out one of the sides for something else? And how much food should I take?

I think that sounds great! I'd take all you can. The taco fixings and rice can be kept as leftovers. The fruit salad can also stretch for several days. There's certainly no harm in giving extras of any of what you're planning. It can all keep for additional meals.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What you're bringing sounds great! I do Mexican meals a lot when I bring food to others and do similar stuff to what you just listed. Sometimes, I add in a fresh bean salsa (mix chopped up tomatoes, corn kernels, rinsed black beans, a teeny bit of red onion, and cilantro, and douse it with lemon juice and a pinch of salt) and a bag of tortilla chips. I don't think you need it, but that's what I'd add if you want something else. I always aim to bring more food than they need, because leftovers are usually appreciated in any meal-drop-off type situation!
    Lizi

Sounds delicious- I would probably add guacomole although you don't need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks, everyone! Now I just need to get it all made!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How about a side of refried beans too? We always have beans with our tacos, not rice. I'm half Mexican though and growing up we always had beans and rice with tacos.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)