jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Legoland FL - crowd calendar?

Does any such thing exist? We're thinking of going in August but trying to figure out which day to go. TIA

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would say that if you go mid to late august, it will be low crowds. Schools have started by then in FL and also many parts of the US. Be VERY careful about coupons. You need ONE per person. I was so pissed when we brought a coupon and b/c we only had one, they would only apply the discount to one person. There is a water ride... so bring extra clothes if you want to do it, ppl were soaked.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I would say that if you go mid to late august, it will be low crowds. Schools have started by then in FL and also many parts of the US. Be VERY careful about coupons. You need ONE per person. I was so pissed when we brought a coupon and b/c we only had one, they would only apply the discount to one person. There is a water ride... so bring extra clothes if you want to do it, ppl were soaked.
    I think I saw something online stating coupons couldn't be used online. Do you remember if you bought tickets online or at the gate? TIA

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We did Legoland, CA a few months ago and booked our park tickets in conjunction with our hotel stay. The Legoland Hotel was awesome. I think DS enjoyed it as much as the park. We added a second day at the park at a very deep discount. The hotel was pretty reasonable as well, since it wasn't a peak time to visit.
    DS age 9

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We bought tix at the gate.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went last week and it was fairly empty esp when compared to the crowds at Sea World a few days later. I wish i skipped the coupon and bought tix at Costco as they were $54 each there.

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    We went last week and it was fairly empty esp when compared to the crowds at Sea World a few days later. I wish i skipped the coupon and bought tix at Costco as they were $54 each there.
    How funny - we were there last Sunday and Thursday. . We had only planned one day there but my DC lived it so much we skipped our Epcot day and went back to Legoland. We didn't wait more than 15 minutes for any ride and walked right on to most of the rides.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We went in 2013 during Spring Break rush, and had very few lines. Now, that was prior to their hotel being added, but I can't imagine it would be much worse than that in August.

As for coupons, you can pretty regularly get coupon codes that work online: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/legoland.com including some that are the "Buy one adult ticket, the child gets in free" type. Also, check on the back of the little Lego packs at the checkout at Target/Walmart, because they often have coupons, too. And, if you don't already get it, sign your kids up for the Lego Club magazine (free) from Lego because it usually has a coupon offer for the parks.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)