Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Umbrella for newborn? Update in 8, 21 & 22

A follow up to this thread http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...29#post4114429
    Budget is under $300. This what I has found, am I missing any. Please give me your thoughts, opinions, and ideas.
    Mac Quest-I have a Triumph so I feel like I know what I am getting. I do like the Triumph, but maybe the Quest is a lot different?
    Pliko mini-I don't know much about this one. The video on their website looks nice. No stores near me carry it.
    BJ Vue- Again, I don't much about this one, but it looks nice. No stores near me carry this one either.
    Chicco Lightway Plus- doesn't seem to get a lot love around here, but maybe it's the greatest stroller of all time?
    Inglesina Triolgy- WAY over budget, I would need a lot of convincing on this one.
    Uppababy G-Luxe- I have read a lot of praise for this one around here. Says for 3 months and up. Truly, can it not be used under 3 months?
    Joovy Groove Ultralight- another 3 months and up. Thoughts?
    I am sure you guys are sick of me and my stroller search. DH doesn't even want to talk about strollers right now, lol. A big TIA!
    Last edited by trcy; 06-28-2015 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Update
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have an older Mac quest, and while I love it, the recline is not at all flat enough for a new born. For the newest model, does it have a flat recline for a new born?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    I have an older Mac quest, and while I love it, the recline is not at all flat enough for a new born. For the newest model, does it have a flat recline for a new born?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
    Hmm, their website says it's suitable from birth. I am pretty sure our BRU has them in stock, so I will have to check it out in person. You are pretty happy with it otherwise though?
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Skip the baby jogger Vue. It isn't a very good stroller. I'd go with the g luxe. You can put an infant snuggler in it, and I think it would be okay for a newborn.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I'd go with the g luxe. You can put an infant snuggler in it, and I think it would be okay for a newborn.
    This was my thought too, although I haven't actually tried it out myself.

Another thought: what about the BRU Zobo stroller? I have this one and really like it. It is not the most lightweight or fanciest, but it has a standing fold that is just SO awesome. Also, I actually like that it is heavier (about 17 lbs) because I can hang bags off the back and it doesn't tip. The basket could be larger though. One caveat: the website says the stroller is suitable from birth, but my experience is that it does not recline as much as I would expect for a stroller for a newborn. It might be just fine with a snuzzler though.

It has a few quirks that I don't love (I think the seat could be a bit more upright, and the seat bunches a bit when all the way up, and there are no vents in the back when fully reclined) but there are also lots of great things too, such as the weight and standing fold, as I mentioned, the fact that the wheels don't touch the canopy when folded, the aqua color is divine, and the price that can't be beat (I got it for less than $80). We do have a BJCM that we use for longer outings.
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=family
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Graco Breaze stroller has an umbrella fold and says it can be used from birth.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    Hmm, their website says it's suitable from birth. I am pretty sure our BRU has them in stock, so I will have to check it out in person. You are pretty happy with it otherwise though?
    I would check it out in person. Mine does not have anywhere near a flat recline and I have never put a newborn it it. I really start using it about 6 months of age. but, it could be that the newer models have a deeper recline. otherwise, I love it. its held up well for 5+ years. fold is very small and pushes well. I don't have problems with it tipping, but I've learned how to load it. my SIL loves her uppa g-lux and if it has a deeper recline, i'd go with the g-lux.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

So we went to BRU to look at the Mac quest, that is the only one any store seems to carry, and DH has decided he doesn't want to go with something that small for a newborn. I am not sure why he hasn't said anything before; I feel like I have wasted a bunch of time. I am a bit frustrated right now, in case you can't tell . He saw the BJCM and wants that. I know it's popular around here, but it is just so big. Not sure what to do now, back to square one .
    Any ideas on a compromise between the two?
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The BJCM is really not that big. It feels compact and narrow when pushing, folding, carrying, etc. I've owned a dozen strollers, maybe more, and if I had to pick only one, it would be the BJCM.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    The BJCM is really not that big. It feels compact and narrow when pushing, folding, carrying, etc. I've owned a dozen strollers, maybe more, and if I had to pick only one, it would be the BJCM.
    I agree with this. The BJCM is lightweight and doesn't feel like a huge stroller. I also love the huge canopy for babies and the one handed push is awesome, especially with two kids where you're often holding the older child's hand while walking.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast