Question For the Fair- How long/tall to cut the pool noodles for height of kids?

For the health and safety fair's carseat safety booth I need to cut 4 lengths (or three) of pool noodles to measure the sizes of the kids to see what seat they belong in. I was thinking infant/rear facing, convertible/forward facing, booster/HBB, seat belt. What lengths should I be cutting the pool noodles? Basically, gonna measure the kid against the pool noodle.

Keep in mind this is a community that barely does any car seat safety rules correctly. I see 3 year olds in seat belts, 9 months old forward facing and seats barely installed... So, I'm not trying to overwhelm them, just the basic rules to keep safe...

Help please?

Thanks!

Any ideas? I'll post this question on another forum to see if I can get more answers, as the fair is this coming Sunday! :-)

Did you figure it out? How did it go? If I hadn't been away I'd have found the page with the crash test dummies and their scientific heights (IIRC it's like 29", 37" and...um...yeah, I don't remember the bigger ones, lol).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Did you figure it out? How did it go? If I hadn't been away I'd have found the page with the crash test dummies and their scientific heights (IIRC it's like 29", 37" and...um...yeah, I don't remember the bigger ones, lol).
    So, I checked the average height for a 2 year old, 4 year old and 8 year old, which I don't remember off hand. We ended up getting a height growth poster for the wall and used that too. So, we took the kids height and weight and age and explained which seat would be safest for them- though you need to remember the target market here, they are not quite that in to car seat safety... We generally suggested the minimum they could possibly use then explained what would be the ideal for their weight/age/height.

Truth is, I think we got through to a few parents- and if we could save one kid's life- it was well worth it!! Most of the parents that we *needed* to speak to, saw the booth and walked on by...

There is always next year!

Very cool! Yeah, you have to just keep plugging away, you never know when their minds will change and they will 'get it' (one of my most outspoken 'mine were fine ff at 1' customers had a third baby and seemed really interested in the new rules the next time she came in, so it can happen )
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#