Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

After losing my first baby, it was a very big deal to me to have a take home baby. So I went all out.

uppababy.jpg

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

New outfit for each kid.

All three of mine are mid August to mid September babies. They wore simple Carter's cotton sleepers, with a onesie underneath. I didn't worry about the few seconds we were going to be outside. (DH had to bring the car around so we didn't have to worry about the car being too warm, and all three kids were supposed to be strapped into their car seat before we went outside to meet DH.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Take home outfits and August babies?

The outfit I had picked out for DD1 was huge on her, it was a cute neutral outfit with teddy bears that would have fit an 8-9lb baby boy better than a 6lb. little girl. The only other outfit I brought was one of those sleeper gowns so she wore that home and that first week was the one and only time she wore a sleeper gown, she hated them. I ended up giving the collection of sleeper gowns to a friend who had a baby a few months later. Dd1 ended up wearing the coming home outfit a few weeks later when she finally weighed 8lbs for her birth announcement photo.

For Dd2 she wore a sleep n play with ducks on it. Thankfully that time I I brought a variety of sizes and being 6lbs 3 oz I was glad I brought a newborn or 0-3 mos. outfit.

Both of my girls were born in April.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-20-2015 at 03:51 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mine both had a new outfit (but we knew gender and one girl, one boy). Both were summer babies and wore lightweight cotton but long sleeves/pants. DD had a little long sleeve snap top and pants and DS had a one piece without feet, both were pretty much a solid color which I liked for pictures. And luckily I had newborn stuff bc even that was big for my 2 peanuts (the 3 month stuff was huge!)

As for what my summer babies worn on a daily basis at home, a lot of cotton onesies with or without little cotton pants, those little creeper outfits and lightweight sleepers.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My July baby wore a cotton long sleeved sleeper home but mostly wore cotton short sleeve onesies and pants at home.

New outfit for each.

DD2 was a Sept baby but still hot here. She wore a cute Zutano shortie romper I found last minute at Amazon.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I like a simple soft cotton sleeper, with either no design and just a simple pastel color, or a really simple pattern.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Each of my 4 had a new and special outfit to come home in. I still have each of those outfits saved. It was a special day for us all 4 times
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2