Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Best way to keep clothing for child?

As I am going through clothes for this new baby I am realizing there are certain special items (going home outfit, knitted booties and cardigan) I'd like to keep as nicely as possible for Mopey in the future. What do all of you recommend as the best way? Plastic bags in a bin? Moth balls? Wash or dry clean first? Air tight? I'm not sure what to do so any advice is greatly appreciated!! TIA
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

I recently went through and pulled the heirloom outfits I want to save and put them in a sterilite bin. Somehow I thought plastic bags would be more likely to melt/yellow, but I have no idea if that is true. I know from pulling out clothes just two years apart that stains can show up even when things are stored freshly washed, so I guess I'm just assuming my kids will have to wash them again if they want to use them with their kids. My mom recently found a stash of my heirloom little girl clothes, and after 30 years and a wash in Tide Free and Clear, they look just as cute as ever.=)
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People