Default Question for St Louis ppl

I know this is odd but DH said to ask my board😂

We are in town til tomoro am and were hoping to find somewhere decent to park and watch fireworks from a slight distance. We are staying close to the airport so that area would be the easiest.

TIA!
    DS April 2010
    DS March 2016

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I found this...
    http://kplr11.com/2015/07/01/indepen...ound-st-louis/

The St. Charles fireworks would probably be fairly convenient from the airport area.

We are going to the baseball game tonight and watching them there afterwards.

We've parked and watched the Chesterfield fireworks before, but that's actually on the 4th I think.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

If you mean areas shooting them off tonight (the 3rd), then you have Fair St. Louis (the downtown display shot over the mississippi river), St. Charles Riverfest (shot over the missouri river), and Webster Groves (which is pretty far from the airport.) I think your best bet is the St. Charles display, though I have never personally gone. The Fair St. Louis stuff is a madhouse (though totally worth it, IMO.) You can see the St. Charles fireworks from the Riverport area (Earth City or Maryland heights are the city names) and there are large public lots in that area that aren't too hectic. Since they are shot over the river, if you get into a floodplain area, you can see them well from afar. I don't know if I'm explaining this very well..it has to do with topography! But, yeah, Riverfest in St. Charles would be where I would point you. They have a website:

http://www.historicstcharles.com/inc...fest-2015/692/
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

I would stay far far away from Forest Park. I'm sure it is a crowded mess. Honestly the St.Charles ones are more crowded than we like too. Chesterfield mall is unfortunately only on the 4th. We usually do the O'fallon ones (easy b/c we live close, but it's like 25-30 min from the airport), there are lots of parking lots that work for the Ofallon ones, they start at 10:15 tonight though. If you decide to drive out this way, pm me and I can tell you the parking lots we usually go to that haven't been very crowded.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    If you mean areas shooting them off tonight (the 3rd), then you have Fair St. Louis (the downtown display shot over the mississippi river), St. Charles Riverfest (shot over the missouri river), and Webster Groves (which is pretty far from the airport.) I think your best bet is the St. Charles display, though I have never personally gone. The Fair St. Louis stuff is a madhouse (though totally worth it, IMO.) You can see the St. Charles fireworks from the Riverport area (Earth City or Maryland heights are the city names) and there are large public lots in that area that aren't too hectic. Since they are shot over the river, if you get into a floodplain area, you can see them well from afar. I don't know if I'm explaining this very well..it has to do with topography! But, yeah, Riverfest in St. Charles would be where I would point you. They have a website:

http://www.historicstcharles.com/inc...fest-2015/692/
    They actually aren't doing Fair St.Louis by the arch right now b/c of the construction on and around the arch, they moved it all to Forest Park (and do the fireworks show over the Grand Basin) so I think it's even worse than usual because they still have the zoo and all of the normal Forest Park insanity plus the fair.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I live in alton on the illinois side of the mississippi and our local fireworks are tonight. we are about 30 min from the airport and i'm guessing our parking (anywhere downtown pretty much) will be less hectic than anywhere you go on the missouri side of things

http://www.visitalton.com/feature-st...l-around-alton

that website has some more info-- it's a really nice show!

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    They actually aren't doing Fair St.Louis by the arch right now b/c of the construction on and around the arch, they moved it all to Forest Park (and do the fireworks show over the Grand Basin) so I think it's even worse than usual because they still have the zoo and all of the normal Forest Park insanity plus the fair.

We've parked around the zoo to watch them before, but that was when Fair St. Louis was held by the arch. They moved it to Forest Park last year and it was pretty crazy. Plus they close Lindell and only allow residents and their guests in, So that adds to the lunacy. I wonder if you could see them from Oak Knoll park in Clayton, or if that is not high enough.