Default Advice on dealing with insurance for replacing Carseat in minor traffic accident?

So DH was rear ended at a stoplight with no damage to his truck as the car hit his hitch. Chicco states (called and verified) any "crash" the seat must be replaced.

I have a feeling I am going to get pushback on this and wondered if anyone had tried and true steps to ensure a smooth reimbursement? The insurance is State Farm - claim filed. Adjuster company is Express.

The seat is a Chicco Nextfit Convertible. There was also a Britax Roundabout but according to their website, seems to follow the NHTSA regs on replacement.

In NC, and double checked no state law overriding replacement guidelines.

Any help/info would be great!

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We've never had an issue getting them to pay for a new car seat.

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've been rear-ended twice and never had any push back from the insurance about replacing the car seat. I assume it's pretty standard and they won't give you a hard time over it.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Dh totaled his sedan this past winter. We had spare seats in the car We had no problems replacing them, our insurance guy just said buy whatever we wanted (didnt have to be the same brand or model of what we lost) that wasn't too extravagant in price and they would reimburse. I got two Britax parkways on sale at diapers.com and they quickly reimbursed me, no questions asked. We have GEICO. Hope yours is just as easy!

How did it work out with insurance? When we were in a (rollover, car totalling) crash, AAA reimbursed us up to $300 total. My Britax Frontier alone was almost that (since I literally had to have a friend take me to a store and buy the first one I could find without coupons or sales just to be able to drive the five hours home), so we had to cover the rest of our second carseat out of pocket. Now that we have three carseats and a booster, it would be a lot more expensive to have to replace everything with a $300 limit. I should go check our policy and see if it increases with more children!
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AustenFan View Post
    How did it work out with insurance? When we were in a (rollover, car totalling) crash, AAA reimbursed us up to $300 total. My Britax Frontier alone was almost that (since I literally had to have a friend take me to a store and buy the first one I could find without coupons or sales just to be able to drive the five hours home), so we had to cover the rest of our second carseat out of pocket. Now that we have three carseats and a booster, it would be a lot more expensive to have to replace everything with a $300 limit. I should go check our policy and see if it increases with more children!
    With ours, they just said to buy whatever we needed and send the receipt for reimbursement. Worked great!