kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Baby Jogger City Select LOVE (photo heavy)

I wanted to share my love of the City Select stroller with you guys. I am super picky about strollers, and admittedly a stroller snob. We are on baby 5, and have owned a large number of strollers over the years. We have been using our Uppa Baby Cruz for almost 4 years now, with no desire to own a second stroller(!). The Cruz is lightweight, ultra sturdy, and has been a work horse for us. It also looks gorgeous, and always attracts attention from others when we are out and about.

After Henry was born, the need for a good double stroller became apparent. My 3 year old was suddenly a full time rider again, and I needed a place to store all of the things that newborns require. In the past we have had a Bob double, Britax B-ready, and Baby Jogger City Series Double. We live in an area with a very active CL featuring many high end strollers that has enabled me to buy and try many different strollers. It has totally not helped my love of strollers.

I spent months debating between the Snap Duo and the City Select. They both had so many terrific features, and were so different from each other. Finally I decided to pull the trigger and use some birthday money to buy the CS. I put it together after it arrived and immediately thought I had made a horrible mistake. It seemed huge compared to the Cruz I was used to pushing. It was wide, heavy, bulky, and seemed awkward to use. I panicked a little, and parked it in the garage until I had more time to play with it.

We started daily swimming lessons soon after, and I quickly realized that it was the perfect pool stroller, and a fantastic double stroller in general for our family. It actually is quite streamlined (for a double) and very well designed. The features are high end, and the versatility is amazing. I put take the seats off when putting in the cargo area of my car. I also keep the car seat adapters back there, along with the two seats. I am able to instantly adapt it to whatever circumstances we have at the moment. We have the Nuna Pipa infant seat, and it easily fits securely over the adapter prongs. No need for a bulky bar or permanently installed adapter. Instantly pops on and off.

The seats on the CS are huge and comfortable. For full disclosure, I do have small, skinny children, but the CS very easily fits 4 of my kids, all the way from my 4 month old to my 8.5 year old...even with the canopy engaged. My favorite configuration so far is both seats facing me. It gives the second (lower) rider so much space between them and the upper seat. Amazing. They all fight over who gets to sit in the second seat at the pool. It is a cool, comfortable place to rest, and the huge canopies provide an ideal shade to play the iPad. The baby loves it and sleeps for ages in it at the pool. The basket is humongous, and easy to access from all sides. I purchased the Britax stroller organizer, and it fits nicely on the handle and easily holds my huge water bottle, keys, phone, etc. Happy mama.

Here's a few photos to try and show the versatility of this stroller:

This is my 3.5 year old in the top & my 8.5 year old in the bottom.

This is the baby and the 3.5 year old.

Canopy fully extended.

Baby's favorite spot at the pool.
    Last edited by kep; 07-08-2015 at 10:15 PM.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here's a close of of the amazing harness that tightens all the way down to secure a small baby. (He has to have his blanket by his head when he's tired.)

Last edited by kep; 07-08-2015 at 10:17 PM.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had a first gen when it first hit the market and I loved that stroller. I know it gets some knocks for being heavy/clunky, but I had a 3yo and 6mo old when I got it and it was great. Plus I sold it on CL for almost the full retail amount! Glad you are loving yours!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks OP! I am starting to realize I need a double and have been debating this and a Phil & Ted.....Have found a few on my CL (under $400!) and I think the CS seems like the configurations are better. Still going to try some out in person and then hit up CL but thanks so much for your experience and input!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

Quote Originally Posted by Mopey View Post
    Thanks OP! I am starting to realize I need a double and have been debating this and a Phil & Ted.....Have found a few on my CL (under $400!) and I think the CS seems like the configurations are better. Still going to try some out in person and then hit up CL but thanks so much for your experience and input!
    I have a B-ready which is pretty similar to a Phil and Ted and I would definitely go with the City Select over P&T with a toddler/preschooler.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019