Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Instant Pot Cheat Sheet

Anyone want to help contribute to an Instant Pot Easy Recipes cheat sheet?

Here are two of mine:

2 frozen boneless chicken breasts, 1 jar salsa, 1 cup water - Manual Pressure on High for 15 min
    (shred chicken and use as filling for tacos, quesadillas, burritos, taco salad, etc)

Hard boiled eggs - add ~ 1 cup water, Manual Pressure on High for 8 min
    (use the wire basket or a steamer basket, submerge in cold water at the end of cooking time)

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

When I do hard-boiled eggs, I do 5mins with a quick release. (Also with a steamer basket and 1 cup of water.)

My IP is fairly new, so I don't have any go-to recipes. Loving it for rice - so quick compared to my old rice cooker!
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How many eggs do you cook at once? I found one recipe that said 4-6, but I often want to cook a dozen. When I cook 6 back-to-back (with fresh water for the second round), the second batch doesn't come out well. So now I let everything cool down completely between batches.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesia View Post
    Hard boiled eggs - add ~ 1 cup water, Manual Pressure on High for 8 min
    (use the wire basket or a steamer basket, submerge in cold water at the end of cooking time)
    This method didn't work for me! I did 8 minutes on high (six eggs in a steamer basket with 1 cup water), then a quick release, then 10 minutes in ice water. The yolks are very dark yellow and malleable, and the whites have a weird creamy texture. They were also really hard to peel.

I'm going back to my original method, which was 12 minutes on low, then 10 minutes on keep warm (no quick release), then release remaining pressure, then ice water for 10 minutes. It had worked great for a while, but recently my eggs have begun cracking. I'm going to try 10 minutes on low instead.

I do a dozen eggs in a steamer basket on the Steam setting for 7 minutes. Natural release for 5-10 minutes then quick release. No ice bath. I just take the steamer basket out and let the eggs cool in the basket on the counter.

Oh will have to try eggs this way!

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pastrygirl View Post
    This method didn't work for me! I did 8 minutes on high (six eggs in a steamer basket with 1 cup water), then a quick release, then 10 minutes in ice water. The yolks are very dark yellow and malleable, and the whites have a weird creamy texture. They were also really hard to peel.

I'm going back to my original method, which was 12 minutes on low, then 10 minutes on keep warm (no quick release), then release remaining pressure, then ice water for 10 minutes. It had worked great for a while, but recently my eggs have begun cracking. I'm going to try 10 minutes on low instead.
    That's so strange. My method always works for me and the eggs are super easy to peel... I live at 7,000 feet, but I don't think that matters when using a pressure cooker?? I'll have to try your method sometime to see how it works.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

bookmarking! (but i'm vegetarian, so i hope we have a few beans and veggies recipes to share too!) haven't yet opened my IP box.

for Sandy Hook

danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So I am thinking I need to create a separate recipe box/book for my IP recipes. Does anyone have a system that works? I already use an index card box for regular recipes and am thinking about a mini binder w/plastic sheet protectors for the IP recipes.
    ds 8/04
    dd 1/06

danagee is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default IP Potato Salad

This recipe is great because you put the potatoes and the eggs in the IP at the same time so it's quicker than traditional potato salad. Enjoy!http://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/...essure-cooker/
    ds 8/04
    dd 1/06

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast