AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default best way to share the Kindle IPad app with my Dd1 (9)

my Dd1 wants to read books using the Kindle app with books she checks out from the library. We can use overdrive, but our library system has a nice selection of the Thea or Geronimo Stilton books, but they are only available for the Kindle app. I read adult novels or some teen/new adult books, which aren't appropriate for a 9 yr. old. However I believe I can only have one account linked to one kindle app, right? So other than blocking the covers for the books I read and telling her that she can't read anything that isn't kid related there isn't much I can do right? We are hoping to get her a kindle fire for Xmas, and then she can have her own account attached to her library card, but until then I need suggestions on how to share the app.

Thanks!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

You can use the Overdrive app on the iPad - one overdrive title will have both ePub and Kindle typically as the choice. In the Overdrive app, you choose ePub as your checkout format. I don't think I have ever seen authors/titles that just have Kindle format and not ePub? Are you sure those series are only Kindle? My library's overdrive app shows ePub options for the Stilton series

For some reason, the overdrive app on my iPad constantly crashes. Well at least it used to, and I deleted it. No clue about how to snare on the same device.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by annex View Post
    You can use the Overdrive app on the iPad - one overdrive title will have both ePub and Kindle typically as the choice. In the Overdrive app, you choose ePub as your checkout format. I don't think I have ever seen authors/titles that just have Kindle format and not ePub? Are you sure those series are only Kindle? My library's overdrive app shows ePub options for the Stilton series
    Yes, there was no option for ePub download for the Thea Stilton book she wanted to download; probably something specific to the copy that the library system bought. We use the overdrive EPub app all of the time when it is available, and for reading on the iPad I actually prefer it because I don't have to login to Amazon to return my books (we just return it by clicking on the cover of the book). I was thinking it would be best to use the EPub downloads to keep her stuff separate from mine since I got my Kindle Paperwhite and just download the Kindle version of the book now.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

When I log in to my library account in Overdrive, I always have an option to "Read in your browser". That should allow her to read those books on a device like an iPad. You don't even have to download the book first.

See if you have that option. That's what I did for my younger DD before she got a Kindle.

You could just have your books sent to your paperweight and have your dd sent to the kindle app. It's easy to set up under "manage devices" in your amazon account.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by connor_mommy View Post
    You could just have your books sent to your paperweight and have your dd sent to the kindle app. It's easy to set up under "manage devices" in your amazon account.
    We do that but all mutual titles still show up on Kindle app. I have the same problem as OP.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We do that but all mutual titles still show up on Kindle app. I have the same problem as OP.
    The titles do show up under cloud, but for me I only download the books that my sons want to their device. I do wish there was a way to hide the titles under the cloud setting or to have parental control before downloading to the device.

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    When I log in to my library account in Overdrive, I always have an option to "Read in your browser". That should allow her to read those books on a device like an iPad. You don't even have to download the book first.

See if you have that option. That's what I did for my younger DD before she got a Kindle.
    Oh yeah I forgot about that option. I will check out the options for where to send books as well.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,