Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Recommend your eye cream: bags & dark circles

Anyone have eye cream that you love? I know sleep is what I really need but realistically, that's not happening LOL

I'm hoping to find something that's good for bags and dark circles. I always look so tired because of it. I'm 44 so wrinkle prevention would be great too.

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Rodan+Fields or Peter Thomas Roth.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

toby is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

From my research, I don't think that there is anything that will get rid of the dark circles. I have resorted to cover up (from Origins). I am in my mid-40s and started Retin A. You can't use it under your eyes, but it is helpful for other wrinkles and general skin condition.

The only hope for dark circles is if they are allergy related (which is not the case for most adults - a daily antihistamine for at least a month will let you determine if it is allergy related). Something that is going to stimulate collagen production (retin -a , growth factors) will help minimize the wrinkles , and light reflecting makeup does great for dark circles.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Love Touché Éclat for dark circles. Won't get rid of them but adds a nice luminosity the reduced their appearance.

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I second rodan and fields!

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do any of these actually help for bags. I was under the impression that there are no products that help other than cold tea compresses (which I never have time to do).
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I desperately need a good eye cream as well. I feel like they are all either too occlusive and cause milia, or if it is a thin serum they tend to sting and irritate. Couple questions on these suggestions - on the Rodan & Fields, what is the consistency? I've heard really good things about their products, but do I have to purchase through a direct sales rep or is there a store I can order from?

wendibird, on the touche éclat, do you use it all the way under the eye as a concealer? Or do you use just a little in the corners to lighten up the eye? I used to use this, but only a very small amount as an accent. I really liked it, but it was an extra step that I wasn't motivated enough to keep up. If I can replace my concealer, then maybe I should give it another try.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have the same questions about the Rodan + Fields products as well. I have a few friends who sell the line, but I have zero interest in selling the products myself or hosting a party.

In general I have had great luck with Estée Lauder'a Advanced Night Eye Cream, Clinique's All About Eyes (use one of those in the PM), and Clinique's Dark Eye Circle Corrector (Am).

For concealer I use Benefit's Erase Paste.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast