liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Star Wars: The Force Awakens books? Please help, birthday gift

I recently read that the new Star Wars movies are going to follow their own story line. The movie will not follow the story line of the books that were written prior to "The Force Awakens" movie coming out in December. Of course DS has read pretty much all of those older books! I would love to buy DS the new Force Awakens books for his birthday. Does anyone have info on them or know what order the books are written? I tried looking online at Amazon but can't figure out where to start. TIA!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This wiki site lists all of the canon material. You can filter it down to just novels/young adult novels, etc. to get rid of the TV shows/films & see what is out there currently that's canon. I don't think there's a lot past Return of the Jedi timeline-wise until closer to the movie release.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timel...canon_media#js
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks Kris. I had found this list of books on the wookieepedia (hah!) website: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Journ..._Force_Awakens

It only has 5 books listed. There was mention of over 20 books/comics/junior novels being written. It is vague on weather the 5 books listed are the only books being released or if there are going to be more. These stories take place in between movies 4, 5 & 6 and have changes to the canon of previously written books.

eta, some of these books are being released on Sept 4, 2015 which will be in time for DS birthday.