mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Comfortable clothing for sensory-sensitive kids?

Didn't get responses in Kidwear so posting here - we need clothing options!

DC is all of a sudden refusing to wear our multitude of HA and Peek clothes. Doesn't like tags, seams, or anything tight or binding. Any suggestions? Right now all DC wants to wear are the HA pajamas.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know nothing about this company other than having seen the idea on my Facebook feed, but: http://www.independencedayclothing.com/
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

we do athletic shorts and dry fit T's many are tagless. SO glad we moved to a new school with no uniforms the collars last year drove us ALL bonkers.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would try cutting the tags out. I don't have a sensitive kid, but Target brands and Carter's are usually tag free. If you r DC is a girl offer up a lot of dresses, my girls loved the twirl dresses and the playdresses (and Dd2 still does) because the playdresses are really soft.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We cut out tags. Even HA and Boden, though it pains me to do so. Without the tags, my kids are fine

LE are good too - they tend to be a thinner (and therefore softer) cotton and are all loosely cut.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When we first starting dealing with SPD, I went to Target and bought just about one of every pair of athletic shorts and tees that I thought would meet DS's standards. I brought them home, and made him try them all on one at a time. I had to supervise, to make sure that he didn't rip off any of the store tags. Once we found one or two styles of shorts and tees that he could tolerate, I returned the rest and bought every color they had in the chosen styles. Target has a large selection of tagless tees now, which is super helpful. Once we found a couple styles that work for us, buy new ones each season was easy.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    I know nothing about this company other than having seen the idea on my Facebook feed, but: http://www.independencedayclothing.com/
    THanks, they don't have kids clothing though.