Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We are enjoying the series 'Once'
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    Take Care...it's HYSTERICAL

About Time was awesome....laughing, crying, totally good

Also two recommendations for finding movies on netflix:

what the (h-curse word) should i watch on netflix. com (no spaces)
    -gives personal recommendations based on your answers to questions. suggests more hidden gem type titles.

canistreamit.com
    -tells you on what service a particular movie is streaming on currently. Sometimes it's accuracy isn't perfect, but it's a helpful shortcut. '

HTH!
    Awesome links! Thanks!
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Mopey is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Seconding "About Time" and "In a World"!!
    Mom to Miss Mopey! 3/12 & Baby Boy GoGo! 7/15

"Be kinder than necessary. Everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you all! Going to check these out.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Recently watched "Queen" and really enjoyed it, and liked most of the first season of "When the Heart Calls."

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second Hart of Dixie. I just found it about a month ago and binge watched it over a weekend. I'm now rewatching the first season. I also really like Emily Owens, MD but there was only on one season. For movies, Chalet Girl and One Small Hitch were both pretty good.

I loved Austen Land. And I really thought that 100 Foot Journey was a sweet movie--just so good. Did you ever see the film version of Tuck Everlasting? I watched that with my daughter the other night--it is a really good film.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

I think you would love the movie "In Your Eyes." It's about a man and woman across the country who discover they can see through each other's eyes, talk in each other's heads, and feel through each other's bodies, and have their whole lives, although they often didn't understand it and blocked it out. SO they have this completely unique and lifelong connection. This leads to romance, complication and a dramatic ending. There is only one sex scene, and there is no nudity, just lingerie, but it is unusual as they have to touch themselves to touch each other. The scene is filmed well - lots of cutting away between the two bedrooms and closeups of their faces as they talk.

I saw "In A World." I don't think many men would like it because it has a female lead and is all talk, but I found it pretty empty. It's about voiceover artists and a woman trying to succeed in that male-dominated world especially when her competitive father is the acknowledged leader of the field. The lead actress is I think also the director, but she plays such a wussy character; I found the character very hard to respect or believe.
    Last edited by american_mama; 08-02-2015 at 01:56 PM.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2