Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    yeah considering I had Jack at 41 stay on them!
    I know, I know. I'm just done with having to worry about birth control. Not that I want menopause, but no periods would be nice.

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I know, I know. I'm just done with having to worry about birth control. Not that I want menopause, but no periods would be nice.
    Be careful what you wish for!
    I would gladly go back to having periods over these hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, and "spare tire"!!!!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by newmomto1 View Post
    Be careful what you wish for!
    I would gladly go back to having periods over these hot flashes, night sweats, headaches, and "spare tire"!!!!
    Oh I know. It's the grass is greener situation..

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think I am in peri, but blood test last year didn't indicate it (except low testosterone). I am 46. My periods are heavy, and vary anywhere from 23-29 days. Much slower metobolism and some weight gain even with religious cardio and weight exercises, and migraines, and much much worse Pms. No hot flashes, but the Pms is really getting bad. I am a witch to my DD and DH the week before I get my period.

For managing, I think low carb and really committing to exercise has world in slow weight loss and stopping the gain. I do 21 day fix for weight workouts every single day since mid may and I either walk, run, or do the eliptical for 30-60 minutes daily too. I lost 10 lbs and am really happy to be building muscle again. For the migraines, magnesium helps but I am still getting some hormonal headaches that I need exedrin migraine for now and then (the magnesium worked for 4 years).

Just this month I realized that I need to do something about the Pms. Harder with work stress and dd home for the summer. Not sure what to do. I have new compassion as I realize my mom was going through this when I was a teenager and thought she was always in a bad mood. Exercise helps, but I am already at max there.

Most of my real life friends who are 46-47 are all going through this plus the hot flashes too.

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I think I am starting down that road now. I started with occasional night sweats about a year ago and now they are happening more often. I heard that black cohosh helps, but has anyone tried it?

I also have noticed headaches lately (like a couple times a month, up from a couple times a year), plus the occasional anxiety a PP mentioned (mine manifests as feeling really overcaffeinated even when I have not ingested caffeine all day and I hate it).

My mom and aunt both kept menstruating until well into their 50s (Auntie did not finish until 56 or 57), so I may be in for it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2