sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Carseat for 5yo DD?

My DD is 42.5" 38lbs.

I had bought a Maestro for travel and she has been in it full time lately, as her Boulevard got dirty and I was washing the cover. It seems like the Boulevard is too small now, but maybe I'm wrong. I feel like I can't get the Maestro seat straps to be snug and even all the time, and it makes me really nervous. I just feel like i"m not getting a truly safe install and getting her in good. We have short rides nearly daily and almost never drive a long distance. She never falls asleep in it.

What would be a good seat for her that would last a while? Thanks so much!
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

It's such a different seat from a big solid Britax, isn't it? The harness is 'continuous', so it's one long strap that goes right under her bum, so usually giving it a little tug one one side or the other at the hip strap makes things even out. Usually I can get it so it installs just as tight as a good ol' Boulevard, but it takes even ME a lot more work to do it, so I know what you mean about that, too.
    If you want something for the long haul and you can hand it down, the Frontier is a great choice, as it won't expire for 9 years. The Recaro Performance Sport is a really nice choice, too, a little more compact and shorter, but also makes a nice booster. I think that has 6 or maybe 7 years before expiration, so still good for handing down for a couple years of FF harnessing. I like this review of it, it's this author's favorite seat among many, too... http://carseatblog.com/?s=performance+sport&x=0&y=0
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

DS is 6 and going into 1st grade. He loves his Frontier 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We moved DD1 to a Recaro Performance booster a few months ago and we really like it.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Late to this thread, but DD1 is in a Frontier 90, and a Peg Perego HBB 120. She/we is happy with both seats. She is 44" and 40 or so lbs. She still needs help with the buckle on the booster though, but I couldn't see buying another harnessed seat for her though.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)