Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Toms? Add some insoles maybe?

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm a librarian and on my feet all day as well. I just bought some Chaco Petalumas and I'm in love!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

My feet have gotten much pickier over the years of teaching. What works for me now are Dansko sandals, Sanita clogs, Merrell boots. I love me my clogs! (Which reminds me, my old ones are horribly scuffed after 3+ years and it might be time for a new pair!)
    Liz
    Proud mama to DS1: 2007
    and DS2:2010

Life is too short to wear boring socks.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear my Dansko clogs. I've had my current pair for two years and they look brand new. I'm going to buy another pair this year in a different color so I can have some variety.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

so let me ask ya'll about Danskos. I bought a pair of 39 clogs and they felt uncomfortable right across the top of my foot, so I sent them back. I am wondering if I should have tried them longer, or sized up? I normally wear an 8.5 although I have recently discovered my foot is a bit wide.

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    so let me ask ya'll about Danskos. I bought a pair of 39 clogs and they felt uncomfortable right across the top of my foot, so I sent them back. I am wondering if I should have tried them longer, or sized up? I normally wear an 8.5 although I have recently discovered my foot is a bit wide.
    I would size up. I wear a 7.5-8 normally and I always wear a 39 in Danskos. They are supposed to be a little big, and they do slide off your heel as you walk. I have had about 7 pairs.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've had wide feet my whole life and can wear regular Dansko clogs with no problems so long as I have them fitted properly. Thanks to the recommendations 'round these parts, the two pair I bought saved my back when I was pregnant.

I wear a size 41, but I haven't needed the width because I find the toebox is shaped wide enough.

If I'm going to do a lot of walking on hard surfaces, however, I prefer something with more cushioning.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You might also want to try a couple different finishes. I found that the oiled vs. etched vs. patent vs.others all fit a little differently. A few years back I was going to get a pair of patent, but couldn't find a good fit in those...one size felt too snug but the next size up was huge. But the smaller size in the etched was perfect. The store I bought them at said they all do fit a little differently.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2