Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    The school nurse was checking his BP a few times a week at random times. Mainly they were concerned about being too low, but we found it going high at certain times which we traced to being at the end of the day when his morning dose was wearing off. Once we were aware of it, we watched it closer (I had a friend who was a nurse help at home).
    oh gosh...that's really scary. thanks for sharing.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    oh gosh...that's really scary. thanks for sharing.
    I was glad we caught it. It was not dangerously high, but in that "borderline high" range when previously he was at the very low end of normal (which is why they were afraid it would take him too low).
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Zoloft definitely handles DS's grumpy-mess. There is a clear distinction between when he's taken meds and when he hasn't.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

so we've been on the Tenex for a couple of weeks. the outbursts seem to have improved a bit in that they don't last as long and he recovers a bit more willingly

BUT his anxiety is through the roof. like he's stopped being able to go into any room in our own house without an adult. he weeps at bedtime every night. he's afraid of everything. he was bawling in the grocery store b/c DH went around a display to get produce on the other side and DS couldn't see him for about 30 seconds. he did the same thing to me at Costco earlier this week.

did anyone have an increase in fears or worries with this med? i realize this is the opposite of what's supposed to happen, but seriously...this is way worse then we've seen things in a long, long time - he's a hot mess. a total ball of nerves and hysteria and he's openly saying things like, "i'm so scared and i don't know how to stop. i need help. i need you to help me."

anyone BTDT?

thanks
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

He sounds like he could really benefit from something for anxiety like Prozac, Zoloft, etc.

Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

thanks, Lindsey.

I've put a call and email out to the doctor but haven't heard back yet...i'm just so sad. and frustrated. and...it just sucks. i feel so badly for him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2