Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DS sudden rash

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalS View Post
    I gave him Benadryl last nite and it did look better this morning. It has gotten progressively worse this evening. It's now all down his arms and on his thighs. He had a runny nose this weekend but nothing else. We have Zyrtec I will give him that as well.

He's never had anything like this. He just started school, so maybe something there? But I don't think so because it has gotten worse this evening vs when he was at school.
    Is it okay to send him to school tomorrow? This morning I showed them the rash but just said we assumed it was an allergic reaction. Hives aren't contagious and he isn't running fever. Feels totally fine. I'm going to call the dr in the morning and see what they say if I should bring him in, not sure it would really help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really wouldn't bother going to the doctor unless something changes significantly (like he starts experiencing swelling, gets a fever, becomes really uncomfortable, etc.)

My money is on a post-viral hives-like rash. Give the benadryl on a schedule (call doc for dosing and scheduling) and let it run its course. I hate when this happens, but we get it all the time. Hope he's better by morning!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

He was totally cleared up this morning! I gave him Benadryl and Zyrtec last night so hopefully that did the trick. He's never done that before, it was so strange for me!

He very rarely gets sick so maybe he caught something at school? He's never been around so many kids so I'm sure he will be exposed to a lot of new germs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Quote Originally Posted by KrystalS View Post
    He was totally cleared up this morning! I gave him Benadryl and Zyrtec last night so hopefully that did the trick. He's never done that before, it was so strange for me!

He very rarely gets sick so maybe he caught something at school? He's never been around so many kids so I'm sure he will be exposed to a lot of new germs.
    If this is his first year at school, expect him to get sick more often than normal. His little immune system is getting exposed to lots of new viruses that it hasn't tackled before and sometimes it reacts with hives like that. I'm so glad he's better today!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2